Vocational Case Manager at The Hartford
Vocational Case Manager – 2000984
We are looking for Clinical and Vocational Rehabilitation Case Managers to work in the dynamic Group Disability Claims Offices to serve the needs of individuals who may not be able to work, due to a disability, and are requesting income replacement through their employer’s Hartford Disability Insurance plan.
As a Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager, you will be responsible for review of short term and long term disability claims for possible case management involvement. The focus of this position is to assist disabled employees in returning to work with their own or other employers. This position will also assist the claim examining staff in evaluating vocational information to determine eligibility for benefits under group disability plans. This position requires a sound understanding of clinical issues and functional capabilities as they apply to disabled employees ability to work.
- Adhere to the rehabilitation hierarchy to manage RTW referrals from Ability Analysts and Clinical Case Managers by coordinating and implementing job accommodations, worksite modification, transitional return to work plans, job placement services, and/or vocational retraining to return the claimant to work.
- Contact physicians as needed to clarify current and future abilities, discuss incorporating RTW as part of the treatment plan, and collaborate on accommodations or additional treatment needed to achieve a safe, sustained RTW.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to identify tools and resources for claimants and employers that can be used to expedite RTW efforts.
- Proactively discuss RTW with claimants, set RTW expectations, engage the claimant in RTW planning, and coordinate claimant participation in a variety of activities designed to prepare them for successful re-entry to the workforce.
- Provide job seeking skills training to claimants and instruction on how to effectively complete job applications, research local labor markets for claimant marketability, evaluate and make recommendations for resumes and cover letters, and improve interviewing skills through vocational support, guidance, counseling, and education.
- Actively research the local labor market in order to maintain a working knowledge of the claimant’s potential for alternative job placement with a new employer.
- Coordinate the claimant’s vocational training or retraining program, if participation is determined to be appropriate, while maximizing cost effectiveness and coordinating and monitoring the claimant’s participation to successful and timely completion of the retraining program.
- Master’s degree in Counseling and CRC designation required.
- Candidates may be certified Vocational Experts, Rehabilitation Counselors, or any other vocational professional whose expertise meets the needs of the clinical team.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of return to work best practices, ergonomics, FMLA, and related Human Resources topics required.
- This is a 100% remote work from home position
Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions. For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job Function : Case Management
Primary Location : United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Master’s Degree (18 years)
Job Type : Standard
Shift : Day Job
Employee Status : Regular
Overtime Status : Exempt
Travel : No
Remote Worker Option: Yes
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!