Visual Product Designer at Respondent
Visual Product Designer (Remote)
Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and user researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more trust and integrate us into their research processes.
We are a small, quickly growing, fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now, everyone works in a continental US Time Zone). All of our employees have areas of expertise as well as a wide breadth of knowledge in their domains.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take ownership of visual design for both our researcher and participant experiences
- Design and ship features quickly and often
- Lead design efforts to rethink and improve our core researcher experience
- Lead exploration and define design direction for a new mobile app
- Lead creation, maintenance, and evolution of our design system, styleguide, and pattern library
- Lead strategic projects to shape the future of our product and inform our roadmap
- Lead regular design audits and present recommendations to stakeholders
- Work with product to define problems, sketch ideas, get feedback, and finalize designs
- Support engineering by communicating your ideas early, delivering final designs, performing design QA, and providing design support throughout development
- Support user research by defining design directions and creating designs for user testing
- Support workshop planning and facilitation (e.g. design sprints) and establishing design processes at a fast-growing startup
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You’ve had a few years of experience doing visual design for responsive web, mobile experience is a bonus!
- Proficiency with tools like Sketch and InVision, equivalent tools work as well!
- A portfolio showcasing your command of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Obsession with quality, pixel-level details, and great design execution
- Enthusiasm for design systems
- Curiosity about your users and an interest in research
- Strong interaction design skills
- A critical design eye
- Experience shipping products on an agile team
- Excellent listening and communication skills
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental US Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
- Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays–no problem!)
- 12 Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k (not matching) for US-based employees
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last two were in New Orleans and San Antonio!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent’s long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!