Website Ultimate Software
Posted: December 19, 2016
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States
Toronto, ON, Canada
Virtual – USA
We are embarking on a new era at Ultimate Software, fundamentally changing the way we build software to not only support a more innovative product design, but also empower our designers to create visually stunning interfaces. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly collaborative, supportive and talented design team that is focused on building a world class product, while defining a design language system that will pave the way for the future of design at Ultimate Software. Please apply now to be considered for this Visual Designer position.
You’ll use your creativity, ingenuity and passion for design to help create software that empowers our customers to put the focus where it matters: their people.
Check out these short videos about design and engineering at Ultimate Software:
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Design the new UltiPro product utilizing our company brand and design principles as your guide.
- Present the user interface so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Share work regularly at reviews and critiques, and succinctly communicate your design solutions.
- Collaboratively document visual design patterns for typography, color, spacing, iconography, etc.
- Display ability to collaborate with Product Designers and Developers to refine the overall product design quality.
- Design micro-interactions to inject brand personality into experiences that delight and connect with users.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience designing outstanding digital products, preferably using a minimum viable product approach.
- Effortless handling of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch (and InVision a plus).
- A discerning and informed eye for great design and an attention to detail.
- The ability to verbally articulate the strengths/weakness of designs, and provide insightful feedback into how to make an existing design more successful.
- Techniques/methods for objectively evaluating graphic design solutions.
- Past experience at both in-house and external UX design agency teams.
- Experience designing large scale Design Language Systems.
- Experience motion design. Prototyping and experimenting with motion to inject meaning into designs.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial).