Visual Designer at Valve+Meter
- Remote job
We’ve named our practice Valve+Meter because the variables we can manage with you are the flow and cost of new business. The “valve” part of our approach manages the right rate of new business for your operation, and we set our pricing with you not based on the activities we pursue but on the “metered” results we generate.
We exist to change the way businesses approach marketing by delivering abundance and accountability with a customer cost per acquisition strategy.
We inspire businesses to look at marketing as a revenue center rather than a cost center.
- Think: Focus. Find a way forward.
- Love: Act in the long-term best interest of another.
- Serve: Meet expectations. Go the extra mile.
- Transform: Create dramatic change. Be irreplaceable.
- Be Just: Be fair and accountable. Do no harm.
In a Nutshell
Valve+Meter is in search of a visual designer who loves world-class visual design and is a storyteller at heart. If you are comfortable being the visual translator of complex systemic challenges and are motivated by results, you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
Why this Role is Important
Valve+Meter’s approach to marketing involves a focus on customer acquisition. We don’t believe marketing is performing until it delivers a definite, consistent flow of new business for our clients.
Joining the Valve+Meter team means bringing your talent and personality to the table when brainstorming and iterating with a group of people from different backgrounds such as business strategy, marketing, creative, finance, and analytics. This diversity of thought and approach results in breakthrough ideas that lead to transformational outcomes.
Designers work collaboratively, creatively, and flexibly within interdisciplinary teams and with our clients. The projects spread across interactive designs for screens and devices as well as printed materials, packaging, and brand identity.
What Valve+Meter Offers
Valve+Meter is a place where you can solve diverse challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with a servant’s heart and a conviction to love others and be just. We encourage our team to bring their whole selves (and dogs) to work, we respect the need for work-life boundaries and allow for autonomy in your work and your career.
- Competitive Base Salary: $40,000-$50,000
- Excellent Benefits Package Including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy
- YMCA Membership Assistance
- Three Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Service Days
- Casual Dress Code
- Pet Friendly Office
- Alcohol Permitted Onsite
- Environment for Fast Career Growth
- Currently Offer Remote Work Option (evaluating this as a long-term option)
Historically our team has always worked from our office in Indianapolis, but we have been working remotely during COVID (with the option for employees to go to the office). This position can be filled by a local candidate or anyone within a 6 hour drive., Travel to Indianapolis will be limited to 6-8 times per year (mileage and lodging reimbursement).
What the Role Is
- Each V+M employee must represent our core values in each interaction
- Our office is located in the Fort Ben Area of Indianapolis
- This role reports to the VP of Marketing Services / Art Director
- Creative Deliverables (design + copy)
- ThinkFirst Support
- Concept Development
- On time Delivery
- Collaboration with V+M peers
- Comfortable working within multidisciplinary teams
- Deliver and communicate ideas and strategies
- Work with B2B and B2C clients
- Tell powerful stories in an intriguing and compelling way
- Communication through visualization
- Storytelling through design
- Integrate visual strategy and graphic design
- Strategic thinking
- Proactive nature
- Constructively critical
- Excellent listening skills
- Team Player
How to Apply
Submit your resume and portfolio along with a cover letter.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Please indicate your specific role(s) and contributions for each project within your portfolio. Work can be submitted via a link or file upload.
In your cover letter include your favorite brand and why. We prefer resumes that do NOT include a personal photograph.
- Productivity Suite: Google G Suite
- Video Conference: Google Meet
- Project Management: Asana
- Time Tracking: Harvest
- Instant Messaging: Slack
- Password Manager: 1Password
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XED (not required)
- Unbounce (not required)
- Mailchimp (not required)
- Experience delivering results
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years as a visual designer
- Experience in digital spaces, infographics & iconography, long-form content layout, brand identity, and print design
- Experience working at a marketing agency
- Full time experience in the position
- Experience tracking time to specific clients and projects
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!