Visual Designer at UpTrending
Title: Visual Designer
- Location: Anywhere
- Full-Time Remote
In this role, you will work primarily in a client-facing capacity under the guidance of our Client Success Managers on a project basis. You will work with project teams to create visual designs cohesive with client branding and in alignment with best practices to increase conversions and improve user experience. While you will primarily work on web visual design, the ideal designer would be comfortable with branding (identity work, logos, color palettes, business cards, etc.) as well as traditional marketing materials (whitepapers, annual reports, ads, etc.). We’re looking for a visual designer who is a passionate creative, capable of bringing new ideas to the table for both our clients and internal needs. You must be educated on and able to communicate effectively about current trends and UI/UX best practices as well as back-up your creative decisions with data whenever possible. HUSL is a collaborative work environment with a fully distributed team, so the ability to communicate effectively is of paramount importance. This position requires someone who is willing to work hard, be transparent, and continually push themselves creatively.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define UI/UX and branding requirements
- Create creative briefs for client review
- Create mood boards and style guides to direct visual approach
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs that are thoughtful, visually engaging, easy-to-use, and that drive conversions
- Present sketches and prototypes to clients and/or key stakeholders to gain approval
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Client Success Managers, strategists, developers, and other designers
- Brainstorm new ideas, layouts, and creative approaches
- Stay up-to-date with design software and tools, UI/UX best practices, and industry trends
- A minimum of three years of professional experience designing brand identities (ideal, not required), creating wireframes, and visual designs for web, desktop, and mobile.
- Portfolio of work (wireframes, visual web designs, mood boards, logos, graphics, etc.)
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create high-impact visual experiences
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined designs in a short time
- Passionate and self-motivated, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working on team projects
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to clients across industries (B2B required; technology ideal, not required).
- Expert level skills in Adobe Photoshop or Sketch (experience with both ideal, one required), Illustrator, InvisionApp or UXPin (experience with both ideal, one required)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!