Virtual Paralegal – Estate Planning
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in estate planning. We are looking for paralegals with at least four years of experience in estate planning, including preparation of documents associated with estate planning utilizing both estate-planning and case management software. If you have deep experience supporting attorneys in this area of law and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative, and marketing support. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal with at least four years of experience in estate planning. Your experience should include assisting with preparation of wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property such as deeds. Experience with title searches would be helpful, but is not required. The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept in estate planning-specific software, including WealthCounsel and ForeTrust. You should also be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; the Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; and editing PDFs.
The position will require a minimum availability of 15 hours per week on average, with the possibility of up to 30 hours of work per week during busy times. You must be available to complete work during business hours. Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text.
We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $18.50/hour. You would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor, and we are looking for a candidate who views Equivity as a long-term fit.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in estate planning
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience preparing wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property
- Experience with estate planning software, preferably Wealth Counsel
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience editing PDFs
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls