Virtual Math Tutor at Littera Education
Virtual Math Tutor
Littera Education is looking for passionate virtual math tutors to support learners in grades 6-8 starting in Fall 2022. This role is primarily focused on back-to-school academic support, therefore we encourage you to apply now to be considered for September-October tutoring opportunities!
- Are you ready to be part of an amazing fully remote team helping students succeed?
- Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding of math concepts?
- Are you interested in providing the high-quality tutoring support students need?
At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring working with students in school districts across the United States. Our high-impact tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week. Tutoring takes place 1:1, or in small groups, during the school day or after school. Sessions are typically 30, 45 or 60 minutes. As a Littera tutor, you will have the flexibility to choose when you are available to tutor. You could tutor for one or multiple schools. Sessions will be scheduled for you based on your consistent availability, however a set number of hours are not guaranteed. Once you are matched to students and assigned a schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to provide the student(s) a consistent tutoring experience and to build a strong tutor:student relationship. We know there are times when you might need a sub – and we have a sub team ready to step in!
Please apply if you:
- Are motivated to be part of an elite team of remote tutors that directly impact student success!
- Have a passion for supporting and motivating students who are in need of a learning boost!
- Are able and excited to build relationships with students!
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- You will tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting
- You will complete a self-paced training program
- You will build relationships with students and boost their self confidence, an essential part of learning
- You will assist students with middle grades math concepts including ratios, percentages equations, expressions, geometry, probability, and functions
- You will plan and deliver lessons from a provided curriculum to support students in improving their math skills
- You will impact a student’s learning experience!
What are the requirements to apply?
- At least one year of experience working with students in some capacity
- Relatively consistent availability for a reoccurring set schedule that will support a high-impact tutoring program
- Preferred high comfort level with online tools and technologies
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser with a reliable and stable internet connection. Built in or external camera for video.We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection, a noise canceling headset with microphone, and a camera.
- You must reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii
- Please note we are a Google company. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide, or set up, a gmail account.
What is the process?
- Submit your application
- Complete a brief recorded video sharing your interest in joining our mission-driven tutor team
- Attend a virtual meeting consisting of a five minute mock tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement
- Consent to and pass a background check
- Some tutoring assignments may require tutors to travel locally for one time, in-person, fingerprinting to remain compliant with state laws. In these instances, the cost of fingerprinting will be paid by Littera.
- Work 100% remotely with consistent schedule
- Receive ongoing support from Littera’s Tutor Operations team
- Invited to become part of Littera Tutor virtual community
- Pay rate is $17 per hour. Increase to $18 per hour upon successful completion of a self-paced course designed to support you in delivering the provided curriculum