Video Producer – Editor at Black News Channel - BNC
Video Producer/ Editor
Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is looking for a Video Producer/ Editor to join our growing Digital Content Team. Video producers/editors will write, shoot, produce and edit short-form and long-form video/audio/visual content for BNC’s website and social media channels. The ideal candidate will be a strong producer/shooter and editor with a proven track record of creating engaging, well-written digital video. Will be tech-savvy and well-informed on the most modern aspects of news gathering and video production. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere. An excellent eye for video and high journalistic standards are a must. The candidate should also bring a proven track record of YouTube management and other videos CMS experience.
This position will report to the Senior Video Producer.
- Pitch the most relevant, timely, and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Shoot, script, storyboard & edit original videos
- Work with the Digital department to cover daily stories
- Comfortable shooting in the field, while also able to produce stories from home using remote interviews and video material on hand
- Pitch, produce, and edit short-form content for distribution across our website as well as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Optimize linear content to be published on websites and social platforms
- Edit on Adobe Premiere, being able to find the best video and sound for assigned stories
- Multitask and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Must be aware of the latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content
- Keep Senior Producer up to date with daily news development of assigned deadlines
- Work closely with BNC on-air talent
- Comfortable writing headlines and copy as needed for video platforms such as YouTube and Brightcove
- Must be able to create Thumbnails for video content
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital, broadcast, or cable environments
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many projects moving along at different deadline speeds
- Skilled in video editing and motion graphics via Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
- YouTube management experience is a must including asset creation such as Thumbnails and End Screens
- Skilled in scriptwriting and executing videos from concept to completion
- Proven ability to bring big ideas to life through knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture; capable of conducting original reporting
- An imaginative producer who is comfortable reinventing existing concepts and inventing new formats
- You’re familiar with iNews, can search and edit on desktop systems and cut your own VOs, SOTs & PKGs
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and is the nation’s only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC’s programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the “image gap” that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC’s General Manager or VP of Human Resources.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!