Video Producer, Editor at Code.org
Code.org is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by young women and students from other underrepresented groups. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science as part of their core K-12 education. The leading provider of K-12 computer science curriculum in the largest school districts in the United States, Code.org also created the annual Hour of Code campaign, which has engaged more than 15% of all students in the world.
We are looking for a Video Producer to help create videos for use in our curriculum, professional learning programs, and marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is familiar with every stage of video production including writing, directing, producing, documentary filming, lighting, interviewing, audio recording, cinematography, video editing, audio editing, sound design, music supervision, color correction, motion graphics, design for motion, illustration, typography, color theory and photography. As a Video Producer, you will work closely with our Creative Manager of Video, who will collaborate with you on projects and act as a thought partner and advisor on individual projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Video Producer will work to deliver videos that align with our brand and that represent the high production value our partners have come to expect.
- Collaborate across teams to help scope video needs and requirements across projects
- Estimate time required for video production
- Collaborate with Creative Manager, Video on pre-production: scripting, storyboarding, talent recruitment, etc
- Collect and maintain talent releases for shoots
- Help set up lighting and provide set direction
- Shoot interviews and potentially live action (e.g. in a classroom), including b-roll
- Record any necessary voiceover
- Edit videos (Premiere) of multiple lengths for multiple uses and distribution on wide range of channels
- Edit sound (Audition)
- Design motion graphics and animations (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Help with related web and print design as needed (Figma)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a self-starter and fast learner with an ability to pay strict attention to detail. You should be an excellent communicator that is able to multitask, excel under pressure, and work independently with a geographically dispersed team. As our ideal candidate, you are tech-savvy, and able to swiftly prioritize duties as needed. You should be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- 4+ years experience in relevant video production role
- Experience with design, illustration, and animation required
- Experience with creating style frames and storyboards required
- Experience with filming and lighting live action footage required
- Experience with video editing and production specifically for social media required
- Experience with selecting music for video required
- Experience with sound editing and Adobe Audition preferred
- Experience with branding, digital content, visual arts or video production an asset
- High proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere and After Effects
- Simple illustration skills are a plus
- Knowledge of animation and design principles
- Knowledge of typography, color theory, design, infographics, and interfaces
- Knowledge of codecs and compressions for different target platforms
- Knowledge of video requirements, limitations, and optimization on social media platforms
- Awareness of new digital technologies to leverage for easing workflow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
In addition, candidates:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
- Flexible, engaging working environment
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and ‘winter break’ office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
- Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
- Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
- Annual professional development stipend
- The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!