Video Lab Assistant Editor at PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
Title: Video Lab Assistant Editor
- Location: United States
- Fully Remote PETA
To provide creative, editorial, and organizational support for PETA’s Video Lab. Join our team and help create original content for PETA and PETA Latino’s social media accounts by using video to change minds and save animals around the world.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and locate footage and photos from large media archives
- Participate in brainstorm meetings and provide post support for the Producer/Editors
- Screen final edits for quality control and assist with deliveries
- Work closely with Video Lab Coordinator to assist with the organization and archiving of footage
- Maintain the Video Lab’s editorial databases and ensure all new media and edits have proper usage rights documentation
- Facilitate requests for new videos from other departments in the organization
- Assist with the management of PETA’s large YouTube channel including but not limited to audience development, creating custom thumbnails, drafting engaging copy, and uploading new videos, organizing and optimizing library and playlists
- Assist with scheduling appointments, meeting notes, and follow-ups as needed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Working knowledge of all stages of video production
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite. Audio editing skills a plus.
- Understanding of social media, codecs and uploading processes
- Proficiency with Office365, FTP, Slack, and Asana
- Production experience on set and in the office
- Above-average written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to prioritize, identify and proactively undertake new tasks
- Demonstrated effective communication and organizational skills
- Keen interest in learning how to use video to change the world
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
This job excludes CO applicants.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!