Video Editor, Motion Graphic Designer at SocialChorus
Video Editor / Motion Graphic Designer – Remote US
REMOTE – US
SALES & MARKETING MARKETING
Who We Are
At Firstup, we take pride in powering the global workforce of the future by transforming workforce communications and the digital employee experience. We now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 15 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the digital employee experience, workforce communications and technology. Joining Firstup means joining a movement to connect every worker. Now we need your help. Are you ready to make a difference in the world?
Every Employee is an Owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
Firstup is looking to hire a talented Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer to join our marketing team.
As a full-time Video Editor/Motion Designer, you’ll be working closely with the Brand Design Director and given creative control over the execution of the editing process, with the understanding that we expect innovation, self-motivation, and ownership behind the videos you work on.
This role will require design capabilities, effective communication with marketing managers and sales leads, as well as with other members of the creative team in order to meet project deadlines.
You will have the freedom to experiment and do what you love, in a collaborative, creative, in-house marketing environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with the Brand Design Director and copywriter to maintain Firstup’s visual brand and tone in all videos.
- Responsible for creating motion graphics, VO, sound effects, and typography to deliver high-quality and impactful video content.
- Able to raise the bar creatively, delivering best-in-class product videos, case studies, demand gen content for social, sizzle reels for events, and more.
- Familiarity of optimization and best-practices for specs on all digital channels. Ability to maintain pre and post-production workflows on a small scale.
- Think visually but have a thorough understanding of what makes great script copy and creative/solid story telling. Ability to work with a copywriter in tandem.
- Effectively communicate deadlines and independently manage their time.
Required Skills & Qualification
- Experience with layout, color, and typography. Background in graphic design is a very strong advantage.
- Valuable contributor in all stages of creative production: from brainstorming and planning, to executing a first-class final product
- A team player who can accomplish this with little assistance, working independently.
- Expertise in common video editing software such as Adobe After Effects , Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Have 3- 5+ years of experience.
- Prior motion graphics experience in an agency or marketing environment required reel/portfolio is a MUST when applying.
- Prior experience editing for a tech or Saas company is a plus.
- Shooting and lighting experience is a PLUS, but not required.