Video Editor at Stride, Inc.
Video Editor, Part -Time, Contractor ( Virtual )
Job Category: Creative MultiMedia
Requisition Number: VIDEO026749
- VirtualK12 Headquarters
Reston, VA 20190, US
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
We are hiring a Video Editor to join our in-house production team and help us continue to create high-quality video content for all lines of Stride business. The Video Editor will be responsible for collaborating on creative concepts and using those assets in editing for digital distribution. The Video Editor facilitates edits to video files to create polished, branded videos for a variety of campaigns and channels, including YouTube, social media, and webinars.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work closely with production team members to develop and produce video assets for social media channels and web properties;
- Assist in video production efforts including storyboarding, filming, editing, and compiling video projects;
- Incorporate video bumpers, intros, outros, and overlays in accordance with brand guidelines;
- Engage in creative problem solving.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of digital media industry experience with strong understanding of video editing and production
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to prioritize/ manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle evolving timelines
- Strong problem-solving and innovation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Competent written and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven team environment
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency
- Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop)
- Proven experience in creating video content for social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor’s degree in video editing or related field
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate this position will pay between $21.21 to $31.82 per hour. This is a temporary/contractor role and you will be an employee of Randstad. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Randstad offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities