Video Editor at Jennifer Maker
Title: Video Editor
- Location: US National
Do you love to edit videos? Are you comfortable using Adobe Premiere Pro?
I might just have the perfect role for you!
I am looking for an employee to help us at JenniferMaker as a Video Genie (video editor).
This position focuses on producing high-quality DIY and craft videos that will be published on YouTube and other social media. The ideal candidate will be experienced with both video editing and crafting, as well as familiar with the JenniferMaker brand.
The person who is right for this position loves to edit and produce videos that have a high attention to detail, both visual and aural.
While perhaps not quite yet an expert, this person does have a solid grasp of Adobe Premiere Pro, an ability/willingness to learn how to improve our visual image, familiarity with the JenniferMaker blog and my courses/ebooks, and a basic understanding of crafting and making.
This position involves a combination of attention to detail, follow-through, and it has high expectations for meeting deadlines. Project management skills and experience are a plus.
As a Video Genie, you will be responsible for editing and producing videos and your position will play an important role in our company’s success.
- Status: This will be an employee position (not a contractor position).
- Hours: 30 – 40 hours/week with flexible days and times.
Special Note: As a JenniferMaker employee, you will not be able to engage in any outside activity that could be construed as a conflict of interest, such as running or working on your own blog or business, or someone else’s blog or business.
- Produces a minimum of 2-4 “full length” (approx. 20-30 minute) polished videos each week.
- Produces multiple shorter videos for social media in a variety of lengths and formats each week.
- Matches up provided video from our team with our step-by-step instructions to create an easy-to-follow video tutorial in our aesthetic.
- Makes edits quickly from team feedback.
- Creates step screens and cover images for our videos.
- Uploads the video project files and assets to a cloud server regularly.
- Uploads the completed videos to our cloud server and our various video channels.
- Orders and uploads caption files for our videos.
- Oversee all technical aspects of video editing for our brand and help us refine our overall video brand messaging strategy and aesthetic for our channels.
- Helps answer viewer questions in our channels as necessary.
- Understands that copyrights and ownership for videos created for the JenniferMaker brand will belong to the brand.
- Understands and uses the JenniferMaker products and projects so you can answer questions and support our people.
- Effectively communicates with team and meets with us weekly on Zoom video chats.
- Has the best interest of the JenniferMaker brand in mind.
- Helps us look good to our viewers.
- Works with minimal supervision.
Things You’ve Done in the Past
- Experience creating and editing videos with multiple video, audio, and effect tracks.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 and Adobe Photoshop 2021.
- Experience with an audio editor, such as Audacity.
- Successfully created and shared edited videos on social media.
- Experience with (or strong willingness to learn) motion graphics.
Things I’d Love For You to Know (optional, not required)
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe AfterEffects
- Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Forms, and Sheets
- Facebook Groups
- Cricut Design Space
Note: I’d just like familiarity, not expertise, with how to generally use these tools. If you don’t have it yet but are willing to learn, great!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!