- Job ID: BH92529
- Category: Video, Editor
- Industry: Creative
- Location: Remote
- Type: Temp/Contract
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Working in a team environment, the VE will provide a broad range of video production support on projects. The position may include some other responsibilities such as collaborating to create and/or acquire graphical elements for instructional content; suggesting effective visuals to support or enhance the topics covered; assisting with media-related work; and providing expertise in webcasting, video production and editing when requested.
- Editing videos through multiple approval levels.
- Optimizing digital media sourced from various contributors and devices.
- Preparing media for upload, and verifying successful hand-offs.
- Developing, disseminating, implementing, and overseeing consistent procedures and protocols for delivery of media to the web or social media platforms.
- Developing creative and appropriate animation/motion graphics that promote products and build community, on schedule and budget.
- Identifying/troubleshooting technical problems through to successful resolution.
- Digitizing, organizing, and managing digital media.
- Advising outside contributors on best practices for acquisition, delivery, and utilizing mobile devices for best optimization of digital media.
- Maintaining consistent protocols for branding treatments on videos.
- Meeting all quality, schedule, and performance expectations.
- Updating digital project information management systems, logs, and archives.
- Assisting w/ video software management and maintenance.
- Graphic design and animation:
- Produce basic graphical content for instructional media, including both static and animated packages.
- In addition, produce completely animated videos, to be accompanied by voice-over, from ideation through the pre-production, production, and distribution phases.
- Post-production editing:
- Using appropriate techniques and effects, edit raw video, select music, design/edit graphics and/or digital video effects in order to create a quality, creative finished product.
- Contribute to content quality evaluation and oversight. Focus on continuous improvement through corrections and modifications to be made in existing media. Assist in implementing required changes.
- Slide design:
- Create instructional slides and graphics for educational video content, utilizing best practices for engagement and pedagogy.
- Collaborate with faculty to shape their vision, while producing visual deliverables with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines.
- Minimum 3-5 years video editing and video production experience
- Experience with the following tools: Premiere Pro, Habitat, Storyline, Camtasia, Final Cut Studio, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Microsoft Office, with expert-level skills in PowerPoint.
- Requires excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills w/ demonstrable adherence to detail/schedules, the ability to multi-task/prioritize in a team environment, and the ability to respond quickly and comprehensively to requests.
- Must have hands-on, in-depth understanding of video production processes, non-linear editing, and motion graphic techniques and programs: Final Cut Pro (preferred), Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expertise w/ social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter is strongly desirable, as is the ability to stay current w/ new technologies in the post-production environment.
- Experience in the educational marketplace a plus