Video Curriculum Developer at Avid Technology
Video Curriculum Developer
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, Avid FastServe®, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™.
Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 16 Emmys®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
Avid Technology is looking for an Video Curriculum Developer to join the Global Learning Services team! This is a terrific opportunity for a customer focused individual to develop high-quality technical and operational training content for Avid’s Video Post Production Solutions. Avid Learning Services develops and maintains an extensive library of traditional training books, printing and distributing over 30,000 books and eBooks annually worldwide, as well as an ever-growing library of eLearning titles.
As an Video Curriculum Developer at Avid, your responsibility is to develop high quality training content to help our customers be the most productive they can be.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop training curriculum for Avid’s video post production products, including books, eLearning, instructor materials, and exams
- Update video curriculum as needed throughout the year to align with current product releases
- Be the steward and architect of Avid’s full line of audio curriculum from User level up to Expert level and Technical as well
- Work with the Avid Video Product Management team to understand software and hardware roadmaps and how that may affect our curriculum
- Act as product expert within the team and keep others informed of upcoming product releases and their impact on our curriculum
- Deliver some training classes, as part of beta testing courses you develop, or to update our certified instructors on new curriculum releases
- Collaborate with Avid’s Learning Partners, certified instructors and curriculum board to continuously improve the curriculum
- Keep up-to-date on current industry trends, to make sure our curriculum reflects the latest workflows etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal and instructional design skills
- Expert level knowledge of Avid’s video post production tools, with special emphasis on Media Composer and Media Composer | News option.
- Strong book production skills with knowledge of Structured and Unstructured Framemaker and other standard XML-based course development tools
- Ability to manage the entire lifecycle from planning, development, writing, revising through to final print production
- Knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Articulate Rise, Captivate and Camtasia, helpful, but not required
- Self-directed worker with the ability to bring complicated projects to completion on time
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent customer/learner focus & strong communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Seven to 10 years creating instructional materials and managing projects in a high-tech environment
- A passion for Avid products and a desire to help users achieve success is critical
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Req ID: 13931BR
Job Category: Global Customer Solutions and Services – Learning Services
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Work Country: United States
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!