Video and Image Developer for University Courses at Chamberlain University
Video & Image Developer for University Courses (Remote/Virtual)
- Location: US-Remote-Remote
- Job ID: 2021-117465
- Institution: Chamberlain University
- Department: Curriculum Development
- Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status: U.S. – Non-Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Video and Image Developer creates or edits short videos, animations, interactivities, graphics, illustrations, and other visual enhancements for university-level online courses in the medical field. This position will work remotely with fellow members of the media team under the direction of medical subject matter experts to develop visual elements for all-digital courses in a rapid-paced, high-volume production environment.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to create original visuals, audio/video, animations, tutorials, and interactives to meet the pedagogical objectives of the course and enhance student-learning outcomes.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to present instructional material in a visually dynamic, engaging, and interactive format. Offers suggestions to enhance student engagement and learning.
- Assists in development of reusable templates for instructional development and helps maintain a library of templates, tools, elements, and components.
- Communicates and coordinates with Manager and Project Managers to balance workload and adhere to project deadlines, guidelines, and production schedules.
- Applies knowledge of instructional technology, media, and adult learning to the development of higher-end visuals, interactivities and media.
- Ensures all assignments are delivered on a timely basis with high quality and accuracy.
- Applies style and formatting guidelines to ensure logic and consistency among instructional elements when creating visuals, interactivities and related media elements.
- Monitors and addresses course fixes and issues for all clients within scope and timeframe specified by the Service Level Agreement (SLA), while maintaining accurate tracking system information.
- Reports and notes any issues that cannot be fixed within timeframe defined in SLA.
- Actively participates in team meetings, maintaining clear and collaborative communication with team members to build consensus and ensure adherence to schedules, deadlines, and goals.
- Performs accurate and efficient record keeping and file maintenance according to departmental guidelines.
- Stays current with latest hardware and software technologies.
- Stays current with the latest processes while seeking to become proficient with CMS and related applications, and assists with maintenance of SOPs.
- Evaluates educational technologies such as emerging web standards and authoring tools.
- Provides other departments with expertise and assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the curriculum and product development teams to design and create original graphic elements (design, illustrations, and/or photos), or locate licensed elements, to meet the pedagogical objectives of the course and enhance student- learning outcomes.
- Works with clients to provide visual interpretation of requirements and desires to provide overarching design story and cohesiveness for product(s).
- Demonstrates understanding of foundational design principles, a ‘good eye’ for design.
- Conducts research about design color and appropriate typography. Understands or demonstrates a willingness to learn general design principles of UI/UX design.
- Demonstrates proficiency with graphic design tools (i.e Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, 3ds Max, Maya, etc.).
- Creates and updates cover designs, printer ready files, and illustrations as needed.
- Researches subject matter specific photos with external photo vendors. Works in partnership with curriculum team SMEs to determine most appropriate and cost efficient image.
- Tracks permissions/licenses of all photos used in instructional materials. Collaborates as needed with legal department to ensure photo/art permissions are compliant.
- Coordinates processing of invoices from external vendors and keeps art/photo log up to date.
- Preps photo files for production including minor Photoshop enhancements.
- Works within the digital asset management system to ensure all images are entered and tagged with the appropriate metadata.
- Comfort with, or willingness to learn, advanced techniques such as game elements, VR, and related tools (i.e. Unity, A-Frame, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in editing existing audio/video elements across multiple product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality professional videos of instructor levels, interactives, marketing promos, student tutorials, etc.
- Ensures that all audio/video elements used are appropriately cataloged and stored.
- Works within the Digital Asset Management system to ensure all files are entered and tagged with the appropriate metadata.
- May produce and edit scripts as necessary for audio/visual elements used in instructional material.
- Collaborates with curriculum and product development colleagues in creating storyboards for original videos or animations.
- Assists Project Manager on special video projects for department, organization or external clients.
- Assists with onsite and remote studio set up for recording instructors, including basic video camera and related recording equipment set up, teleprompter set up and video capture.
Interactive & Animation Development
- Works with production teams to identify, design, storyboard, and prototype animated and interactive elements.
- Applies creative design concepts enabling effective learning solutions (i.e. gamification, storytelling, iterative feedback, etc.)
- Produces high-end, engaging animated and interactive elements to support instructional objectives and concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency with interactive development tools (i.e. Captivate, Camtasia, Dreamweaver, etc.) and animation tools (i.e. Animate, VideoScribe, After Effects)
- Verifies production deliverables meet Accessibility and multi-device delivery requirements (i.e. HTML5 compatible, Responsive design).
- Assists with improvement and refinement current design and development standards, as well as identifying new technologies.
Critical features of this job are described under Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or situational needs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in either video production, graphic design, web development, instructional technology, educational technology, or a related area of study (e.g., programming, media communication); or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of three years of job experience demonstrating the ability to perform these responsibilities.
- Proficiency and creativity with the Adobe CC Suite with emphasis on Premiere, AfterEffects, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Knowledge of Articulate, Storyline, Vyond/Powtoons, Camtasia, H5P or HTML is a plus; and the ability to quickly adapt to similar software when needed.
- Experience in creating videos and/or images for educational, medical, digital publishing, or professional workplaces is desirable.
- The ability to work remotely; a self-starter who can manage their own time, scheduling, and routing of work while making themselves available for online conferencing and communications with team members.
- Candidates should be able to show a sizable portfolio of professional work—please submit a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!