Vice President, SEO at Brainlabs
VP, SEO – Remote
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Team: Global line report, NAmer Region
Reporting to: Global SVP, Search
Estimated Start: November 2021
Location: REMOTE – Anywhere, US
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a VP, SEO to lead our NAmer SEO practice. They will be responsible for the overarching SEO proposition and for feeding the product, partnership, tech and materials into the activation teams to use for our NAmer clients.
Our VP, SEO will have deep expertise in technical SEO, experience synthesizing complex changes in the SEO landscape into compelling thought leadership, a proven track record of pitching and winning enterprise SEO accounts all while leading and developing an eager team of SEO experts!
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
What this job is:
- Strategic and Tactical – you will be responsible for leading and evolving our SEO strategy, collaborating with the global team, and governing all commercial aspects of the US business
- Creative – You’ll be responsible not only for ensuring we deliver best-in-class SEO, but also for building the narrative around that service that resonates just as strongly with client executives as it does with subject matter experts.
- Innovative – As the search experience continues to evolve, you’ll ensure our approach evolves with it, identifying new opportunities to drive organic traffic and results for our clients.
What this job isn’t:
- Building a team from scratch – Brainlabs has passionate, brilliant SEO team members across a range of experience levels. You will be responsible for unlocking opportunities for them to develop further as you evolve our practice.
- Behind the scenes – You’ll be talking to clients, prospects, other leaders within Brainlabs, and the industry as a whole via thought leadership. (We even have our own SEO conference, SearchLove!)
- Box ticking – You’ll be driving the SEO channel, setting and executing your own agenda and business plan and tracking value creation within the agency
Give me a breakdown of what a VP, SEO does at Brainlabs does:
- Able to synthesize complex changes in the SEO landscape into internal and external thought leadership (presentations, blog posts, POVs)
- Developing members of our SEO team into thought leaders
- Further elevating the visibility of Brainlabs as an outstanding SEO agency in order to attract both clients and talent
- Collaborating with other thought leaders to further develop our perspectives on a best-in-class holistic search strategy
New Business Pitches:
- Able to pitch SEO across multiple industries and client sizes, both by itself and in conjunction with other channels (with a proven track record of winning and retaining large SEO accounts)
- Able to craft and refine compelling written responses to RFPs
- Able to build a story that resonates with multiple levels of client knowledge
- Able to lead an eager team of dedicated SEO experts to deliver for our clients while also retaining and developing these team members into the next stage of their careers
- Ensuring consistency and excellence in the team’s delivery of SEO projects
- Fostering deep connections across a team that’s dispersed across multiple locations
- Ensuring that the SEO services we provide to clients is excellent across the NAmer region.
- Growing and evolving our SEO approach as best practices change and new opportunities emerge.
What we really want:
- A passionate SEO expert who has deep channel expertise and who also knows how to lead a team and build a product within an agency. Someone who wants to join an agency currently undergoing rapid growth and accelerate that growth even further – this isn’t just about maintaining an established program,, it’s about building your own strategy, being empowered and encouraged to set your own goals and work autonomously, while also collaborating with the rest of the agency team.
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- 7+ years industry experience (in more than one company), outstanding subject matter expertise across technical SEO
- Well known within the industry with a track record of delivering tangible SEO innovation
- Experience with SEO content initiatives – both strategizing and deploying
- Experience with off-site SEO is a plus
- Has a strong understanding of performance marketing
- Has strong relationships with SEO platforms
- Has thrived on high value, enterprise consultative sales environments
- An outstanding communicator, politically astute with the ability to relate to multiple stakeholders with a desire to tackle difficult issues with consideration and a positive outcome in mind
- Strong new business track record
- Is an entrepreneur at heart
- Has the ability to influence external stakeholders positively, in order to achieve results that are in the best interest of Brainlabs clients
- Skilled communicator with ability to adapt method and approach depending on message and audience
- Has a strong moral compass, wanting to win but be the good folks on the journey
How will I know I am doing it right
You’ll show growth and high satisfaction from our existing SEO clients as well as winning new business (new clients and cross-sells). You’ll have built strong relationships with the SEO team and across the Brainlabs organization.
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!