Vice President, Revenue Operations at Persado
Vice President, Revenue Operations
- United States
- Full time
Who We Are:
Persado is a high growth, category-leading AI platform that helps data-driven executives – including CMOs, CXOs, CDOs, CFOs, and P&L owners – unlock a new lever of value creation by ensuring the right words are used at every customer interaction. Persado delivers hundreds of millions in incremental value to some of the biggest companies in banking, insurance, retail, telecom, healthcare and more. The Persado platform uses natural language generation, machine learning, and experimental design – powered by the world’s largest language knowledgebase of millions of tagged and scored words and phrases – to deliver a 41% average lift in conversion across customer engagement channels.
Words matter. As organizations become more obsessed with personalization, Persado has proven that being able to deliver the right message is a core functional need for every company in the world – making the choice of words a multibillion-dollar blind spot across the enterprise. Persado is the only company with the technology and expertise to illuminate that blind spot in the enterprise customer experience and personalization stack.
As an employer, Persado is committed to creating a place where everyone’s unique perspective is valued and where people can do their best work. We understand that our team members and our inclusive culture are what make Persado special and are the key ingredients to our continued growth. We believe in and live by our company vision and values. We invest time and resources in people-centric programs. We work hard as a team to innovate, deliver great value to our customers and partners and create a positive, productive place to work every day. And the impact shows in our above-benchmark employee engagement. We’re also proud to be named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2020 and Built In’s Best Places To Work in 2021.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is looking for a new leader to join our Go To Market (GTM) team in the critical role of Vice President, Revenue Operations, reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) with accountability to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) as well. This high energy, high impact leader will define a best-in-class operations strategy to support a scaling GTM organization., The Revenue Operations team will drive executional excellence across the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success functions. This role will manage processes, tools and technology, and reporting – driving change management and ensuring that our business and GTM strategy pulls through to execution.
What We Want You To Do:
- Assist CCO and CMO with development of overall GTM strategy; drives implementation and execution of planning and budgeting processes.
- Identify and helps with prioritization of sales and marketing technology investments and optimizations to drive customer organization growth and productivity.
- Partner with CCO to design, implement, and manage forecasting process.
- Work with Customer and Marketing leadership to define optimal performance metrics; create and automate needed reporting and cadence, ensuring data accuracy; deliver reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis to support GTM team decision making.
- Drive sales territory design and optimization.
- Partner with Finance & HR to design sales incentive compensation programs that attract top talent and reward top performers; establishes sales compensation program rules and policies.
- Partner with CCO and Finance leadership to develop standards and processes for sales quota allocation.
- Partner with CMO and Finance leadership to build demand generation models and ensure ongoing tracking and measurement against goals.
- Identify opportunities for customer journey process improvement; work closely with CCO, CMO and GTM Team Leadership to prioritize and drive improvement implementation.
- Provide day-to-day support to CCO and CMO to drive effective operating rhythms, communications and interlock across GTM organization.
- Assist with development of internal monthly and quarterly business reviews, quarterly board materials and any other investor performance reporting requests.
- Be a world class people manager, building, coaching and leading the overall Revenue Operations team needed to lift productivity for the entire GTM organization.
What We Want To See:
- 15+ years of related experience and demonstrated success providing strategic guidance and executional excellence in Operations for a high growth company.
- Proven experience integrating SaaS tools to streamline and automate the sales process, integrating data science and analytics into every function within Field to ensure greater predictability and productivity.
- Experience in being a thought partner with key executive team members to drive cross- functional initiatives pertaining to the customer experience.
- Experience building models for Annual Operating Planning: Bookings, Capacity, Quota, Compensation, Pipeline, Forecast, etc.
- Expertise in contract management life cycles including setting up and driving deal desks
- Deep understanding of enterprise sales business models.
- Experience developing, managing, and supporting the administration of sales compensation models & plans.
- Proven ability to develop tactical initiatives that improve GTM productivity and performance.
- Experience building performance measurement and improvement programs, linked to OKRs (Objectives & Key Results).
- Strong communication and influencing skills – including ability to establish credibility and trust with all cross functional departments, building influential relationships with all internal partners: beyond the GTM organization – including Finance, Legal, HR, Partnerships, Support, Product and Product Marketing, Professional Services, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software pricing and licensing practices.
- Understanding of sales methodologies and bookings process.
- Understanding of enterprise demand generation strategies and full demand funnel dynamics.
- Highly entrepreneurial – able to own and drive initiatives successfully to completion with minimal supervision.
- Heavily results-oriented; a proven ability to meet and/or exceed OKRs.
- Able to research, develop and execute GTM tools and strategies in the field.
- Familiarity with quote to cash management infrastructures and analytics.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the core GTM tech stack – including CRM (Salesforce including CPQ), marketing automation platforms (Pardot), etc.
- Familiarity with other GTM stack tools and technology is a plus (i.e., Xactly, Salesloft, Outreach, Gong, etc.).
Who You Are:
- Performance oriented leader with a track record of delivering results
- Dependable and reliable manager with clear and structured thinking and attention to detail
- Passionate about developing people and growing an empowered team that can create shared successes
- Enthusiastic, professional relationship builder
- Highly proactive with a strong work ethic and takes pride in your accomplishments
- Thrives on finding creative solutions to ambiguous problems
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently
- Truly loves working in a fast-paced, creative environment, whose passion is evident in your work
- Strong creative and analytical problem solver
- Positive attitude, great sense of humor and outlook on life
What We Offer:
Achieve your life and work goals at Persado.
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation, with regular market rate comp adjustments
- Company equity
- Generous benefits package
- 401(k) program
- Paid holidays and flexible paid-time-off
- Persado Cares! 2 paid volunteer days per year and charitable giving matching
- Structured onboarding Continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives: Persado is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We continue to hire without regard to race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status, or disability.
- All the gear you need to work smart
Valuing diversity at Persado means recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities. Persado is committed to diversity with respect to all aspects of employment. All decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee training and development, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, religious beliefs, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical and mental disability, age, ancestry or place of origin.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!