Vice President, People Relations at AECOM
Vice President, People Relations
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
At AECOM, we believe in potential. When you join a company that’s pioneering the future, your opportunities are unlimited. By connecting the largest network of professional expertise in the industry, we’re finding new approaches and better answers to the toughest challenges. And we want you to be a part of it.
Efficient buildings. Faster transportation. Improved security. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Every day, in dozens of markets and more than 150 countries, our employees are exploring new possibilities for a better world. If you’re interested in a career path that’s as dynamic as you are, apply now.
As a key member of the HR leadership team, the VP, People Relations will develop policies and practices to foster a culture of inclusion and positive employee experience. This role will serve as a senior strategist and advisor regarding labor strategy and employee relations working closely with HR, legal counsel and the business to develop short-term and long-range plans. It will also oversee a large team of Employee Relations & Compliance (ER&C) professionals, People Services professionals and Field HR generalists who are responsible for delivering best-in-class employee experience through manager and employee coaching, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and implementing strategic HR initiatives (i.e., talent, culture, inclusion & diversity) at a regional and local site level. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Human Resources of two business units – Design Consulting Services Americas (DCSA) and Construction Management (CM).
- Responsible for providing expert level consultation, guidance and support in all matters related to employee relations and labor relations.
- Promote a collaborative and mutually beneficial relationship between our organization and unions. Primary partner to HR, legal and the business for union contract negotiations, serves as the subject matter expert around union contract interpretation.
- Guide and drive strategies to resolve difficult and/or sensitive workplace matters, providing objective coaching and guidance on performance, conduct issues and investigations.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and practices to drive a consistent and best-in-class employee experience.
- Programmatic co-ownership (with Legal) of anonymous reporting tool for workplace issues.
- Conduct strategic reviews of current and possible employee relations risks and work with Legal and senior leaders to develop appropriate positioning in relation to compliance risks and desired business outcomes.
- In partnership with HR Business Partners and Centers of Excellence, effectively implement programs focused on enabling an engaged workforce (i.e., Inclusion and Diversity, career planning, engagement, performance & rewards, workforce planning).
- Serves as ‘HR for HR’ representative, addressing all employee relations matters that arise within the HR community.
- Inspire, lead and develop a large, remote team of Employee Relations & Compliance (ER&C) professionals, People Services professionals and Field HR generalists.
- Develop and provide training on prevention of workplace issues, employee relations issues, external/internal trends, union issues, etc.
- Steward EEO, OFCCP and FLSA reporting and audits.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, specifically with a mix of labor relations, employee relations and HRBP roles with 6+ years leading a team.
- Experience in developing and leading a company-wide labor and employee relations strategy.
- Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management.
- Consultative style and ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization in a matrixed team environment and to collaborate across lines of business and functions.
- Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams, especially remote teams.
- Team-oriented attitude balanced with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain perspective, balance, and focus through challenge, uncertainty and change. Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience assembling ROI focused business cases in support of investment requests.
- Experience driving the implementation of strategic HR programs.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent written communication skills.
- Juris Doctor preferred with focus in employment law.
- Strong expertise in labor and employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!