Vice President, People Operations at Boundless Immigration
Vice President, People Operations
- Remote (U.S Only)
At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system for millions of families around the world. We are only able to achieve our mission of transforming this broken industry by building the team and organization that lets everyone do the best work of their lives. We are at an inflection point as a company, having recently acquired a business with offices in Las Vegas and the Philippines, raised a new round of financing to fuel growth, and adapting to the unprecedented pressures of COVID-19.
With that in mind, we are looking to bring on a VP of People Operations to help guide our culture and implement a strategy to achieve our aggressive growth and hiring goals. The ideal candidate will have both experience at large, successful organizations (seen what an established HR org looks like) and at smaller, fast-growing companies (seen when “just enough process” is appropriate at each stage). They are experts at finding creative win-win solutions for both the business and team members.
The VP of People Operations is the critical leader, reporting to the CEO, who will establish our talent foundations as we grow from 100 to 200 FTEs and beyond. Table stakes for the role are knowledge across HR fundamentals, legal and compliance, recruiting, leveling, performance management, and everything covered by that jack-of-trades role leading everything at an early-stage company. What will truly matter is your ability to create and implement an end-to-end people strategy, building a culture where employees are excited, productive, and passionate about working at Boundless. We’re looking for the rare person who can be strategic enough to thrive at the 30,000 foot view, developing the overarching strategy for the function, and humble enough to operate at the 3 foot level, putting initiatives into practice.
I think we can all agree this is an unprecedented time. This is a chance to make your mark in terms of how to creatively support our people and their families when many traditional levers are unavailable. How we adapt and embrace new challenges over the next year will define our success as we scale.
During your first three months, you will:
- Learn about the Boundless team. Shadow the onboarding and day-to-day experience across roles and functions. Analyze employee survey results and understand challenges and opportunities. Build emotionally safe relationships across the team so you become a trusted confidant.
- Develop OKRs for the people function. Identify the metrics and initiatives that matter most. Implement the most effective process to measure progress against the KPIs that matter. Design out the 1-year org structure and resourcing needs for the People Ops function.
- Support talent acquisition efforts. Partner with our internal recruiter, network of external recruiters, and hiring managers to create the right funnel and process to maintain a diverse workforce. Re-design our onboarding process to create connections to the organization and to each other while physical interactions are limited due to COVID.
- Own the performance management process. Evaluate and improve our performance review process that scales with us as we grow. Align management around the “why” and what our strategy is as an organization as well as the “how” to put it into effect. Assist managers with conflict resolution and tactical performance management matters.
- Block and tackle. Until the team is more built out, manage all transactional HR work (e.g. orientation, HRIS data management, lead basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures).
Within the first year, you will:
- Set the development foundation. You will build out levels and career development plans across all levels in the organization and guide managers in how to best support the career progressions of their teams. Identify and lead training and coaching for managers and leaders.
- Oversee the overall employee package. You will develop and manage an equitable compensation and benefits philosophy across all geographies and functions.
- Solidify the Boundless values and principles. Guide the organization through a values refresh and development process and embed those values into our hiring, performance management, and daily decision-making.
- Increase executive team effectiveness. Coach and guide leadership to function more effectively as a unit.
- Steward the Boundless culture. Culture is one of the most amorphous and important factors to how an organization performs. You will understand and define what effective culture means for us, how we sustain meaningful connections, psychological safety, high expectations, and other elements that will serve as our backbone for years to come.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!