Vice President of Marketing at BookNook
Remote | Full-time
Vice President of Marketing
- BookNook is on a mission to reinvent how students are taught to read. Our app makes it easy for tutors to teach fun & effective reading lessons at any reading level so that every student becomes a great reader.
- The company’s SaaS curriculum and network of 100,000 tutors provides an evidence-based approach to High Impact Tutoring that is unparalleled in the industry. We are also currently expanding our mission to include math.
- BookNook is on a mission to ensure students have equitable access to rigorous and engaging instruction. Our app makes it easy for teachers, tutors, and paraprofessionals to teach fun and effective reading lessons, at any reading level, so that every student can become a proficient reader.
- The Vice President of Marketing is a strategic leader within the company and will be responsible for architecting and expanding our marketing function to drive the rapid growth of the business.
- Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, and working closely with the functional leaders in Sales, Customer Success and Product, the Vice President of Marketing will establish robust lead generation, product marketing, and sales enablement programs, drawing upon deep experience in the K-12 market.
- Establish positioning and messaging for BookNook’s product and services portfolio in collaboration with colleagues in Product, Sales and Customer Success.
- Develop a marketing strategy and execution plan aligned to sales goals and product roadmap, establishing milestones and success metrics
- Expand the current marketing team to address specialized aspects such as digital marketing, product marketing, public relations, field marketing and events management.
- Grow a robust brand marketing and lead generation engine to drive SaaS and services revenue growth.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Revenue Operations teams to evolve and improve the CRM, marketing automation, and lead scoring systems.
- Evolve BookNook’s web presence to reflect an evolving product portfolio and incorporate digital marketing best practices.
- Manage the growth and evolution of the BookNook brand as new products and services are brought to market.
- Have successfully scaled the sales-marketing value chain (lead generation/ scoring/nurturing) from top-of-funnel through to sales-accepted and closed-won.
- Have successfully built and evolved a Marketing team through stages of significant company growth
- Have at least 10 years of management experience leading teams across multiple marketing functions, including at least three years of leadership experience in K-12 ed-tech companies.
- Thrive in high-growth environments and can balance long-term goals with dynamic, short-term objectives.
- Possess outstanding writing, speaking, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Thrive in an environment based on the principle of High Standards and High Fives
- Keen interest in working in a mission-based company with a dual bottom line, both being financially successful and also helping students overcome educational obstacles
- Committed to fostering an inclusive, supportive work environment that strives to give everyone a sense of belonging and purpose
- Exceptional references from colleagues, supervisors, and direct reports
- Highly competitive base salary and performance-based compensation
- Stock options
- Medical/dental/vision (90% for employee and 60% for dependents)
- Unlimited vacation plus 5-day company holiday closures in July and December.
- Twelve company holidays
- Twelve paid sick days
- FSA plan
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with 3% match