Vice President of Marketing at ProductPlan
Vice President of Marketing – Remote
Marketing Santa Barbara, California
As ProductPlan’s Vice President of Marketing, you will be responsible for our inbound and outbound marketing activities with an emphasis on Enterprise level accounts. Experience building Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs aimed at large account expansion and vertical market penetration will be a significant focus. You will craft and refine the messaging and positioning for our product. You’ll maintain existing and develop new innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Vice President of Marketing, you will be our customer expert (how they buy and their buying criteria) and will transfer that knowledge to our sales channel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Positioning and messaging develop and maintain product positioning and messaging that differentiates our product in the market.
- Content marketing regular contributions to our company blog, our marketing website, as well as other product management publications, white papers, and other writing related projects.
- Demand generation develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for our product, with a specific focus on organic and paid search programs.
- Sales enablement communicate the value proposition of our product to the sales team, develop sales tools that support the selling process, as well as manage and maintain our marketing automation programs.
- Market intelligence be our customer expert (how they buy and their buying criteria); be the expert on our competition and how to dominate the roadmap market.
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training new marketing team members
- Coaching and motivating team to meet specific OKRs
- Developing regular marketing objectives
- Designing and implementing strategic plans to reach marketing targets and expand the customer base
- Reporting consistently and accurately on key performance indicators to enable the leadership team to make better decisions
- Collaborating with sales, customer success, and product management teams
Required Experience, Education, & Skills: :
- Minimum of 10 years of B2B industry experience (SaaS preferred)
- Product management domain expertise is a huge plus
- Minimum of 6 years experience leading teams, including leaders at the director and manager level
- Strong written communication skills are required
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, as well as third parties
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
ProductPlan was founded in 2013 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California. Our talented distributed team is now located all over the world. We are friends, coworkers, trivia nuts, musical wizards, moms, dads, engineers, designers, worm farmers, bee keepers, marketers, support, human beings, and so much more – all of us are unique which feeds into the beauty of our culture and our product. ProductPlan has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We share 3 core values that are central to everything that we do – hustle, humility and heart and we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
Originally, we created ProductPlan to liberate people from building roadmaps using cumbersome tools like spreadsheets and slide decks. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is todaya system of record for product-led companies, worldwide.