Vice President of Engineering at Chess.com
VP of Engineering at Chess.com
Chess.com is growing. We have more than 250 team members in 20+ countries, 50 million members, and a lot of moving parts. Our dev team is more than 100 strong across backend, frontend, mobile, and sysops. We are looking for a seasoned senior team member to join as our VP of Engineering. Your role will be to help our fast growing company hold things together during this rocket ship ride! You will work alongside our CTO to establish best practices, nurture our dev culture, and deliver on our singular company goal: make our members happy. This role may have potential to transition to CTO in the future.
Things you will do:
- Connect the dots between all dev departments
- Develop long-term technical roadmaps along with CTO
- Oversee external communications with greater tech community
- Put out fires, and then fill those fire gaps with people and processes
- Help preserve what is magical about Chess.com while providing structure and redundancy to ease pain points
- 10+ years in tech
- 5+ years of leadership
- Kindness, empathy, and humor
- US resident
- Love chess
We look forward to meeting you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!