Vice President of Engineering at Qualio
VP of Engineering
- United States
- Full time
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to grow and inspire a high-caliber team of customer focused engineers, using technology to enable our growing business. This leader will work with their team to build a reliable technology stack using industry best practices, ensuring the architecture is flexible and scalable. You’ll be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications and technology solutions that solve business problems. You’ll consistently communicate and deliver to commitments and increase the velocity of our teams by removing roadblocks. This is a strategic role that requires a strong partnership with other functions across the company.
What skills do I need?
- Experience in B2B SaaS companies with a proven track record of building applications and technology that delight and engage customers and foster growth.
- You have 10+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations.
- Proven experience building, growing, retaining and inspiring a world-class team of customer-focused technologists.
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting and software products.
- You have extensive experience building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, secure, and highly performant using industry best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and project status clearly, concisely, and accurately to a broad audience.
What will I be doing?
- Build, develop, and manage a world-class engineering team, inspiring them by effectively communicating and engaging the team members in the company strategy
- Build a strong long-term technology strategy that aligns with the company strategic plan and influences the overall company direction
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Understand and collaborate with the product team on product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
- Drive agile product and platform development, manage programs and leverage flexible operating models across different geographies, globally
- Partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions.
- Drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results.
Who are you?
- A passionate leader driven by compassion to help Qualio to achieve its growth targets
- A leader with a team orientation, an open style with a strong work ethic, works well under pressure and takes leadership responsibility and accountability on meeting deadlines.
- Highly intelligent and decisive, a quick study with high resilience, ability to achieve results and milestones in uncertain development situations, creativity and agility to develop solutions through out-of-box, yet compliant strategic thinking.
- You champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back.
- You are a strategic partner who can translate business problems into technology solutions.
- You work effectively across the business to influence and create customer value.
In addition to playing an important role in building Qualio, you’ll receive:
- Generous health benefits
- Matching 401k
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Distributed, office-agnostic, remote work environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!