Vice President of Engineering at Petcube
VP of Engineering
- REMOTE FULL-TIME
Petcube makes the best-selling pet cameras and software, connecting people to their pets. Our products enable people to watch, talk to, play with and feed pets remotely while keeping their pets safe and healthy. We’re looking to hire a professional engineering manager with proven experience managing multifunctional engineering teams and delivering exceptional quality products within strict deadlines. Future VP of Engineering will be reporting to CTO, while working closely with CEO and Product Managers, overseeing and driving operational excellence in engineering across multiple products and technology stacks.
- Work with CTO and product leads to execute a technical vision for Petcube products.
- Lead the development and evolution of Petcube’s media streaming, cloud recording, computer vision, mobile, web, firmware and other products.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Work across all engineering team to deliver quality.
- Work with product managers and engineering teams to plan development roadmaps and deliver timely execution.
- Identify positions we need to hire for, open up vacancies, and participate in interview applicants. Identify and remedy underperformance.
- Nurture engineering culture and establish the continuous improvement process that leverages first principles thinking and mixes the methodologies optimally for our team and business
- MS or Bachelor in Computer Science.
- Good spoken English.
- A combination of outstanding engineering skills, management experience, and passionate technological leadership.
- 5+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA, and operations in mobile and web consumer software applications.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure informed risk-taking and optimal decision-making.
- Exemplary relationship builder and communicator who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Creative and conceptual thinker who can play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence long-term technical and business strategy.
- Experience with both waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with real-time video streaming, computer vision, embedded software, hardware or engineering for manufacturing is a plus.
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits.
- A multicultural, pro-remote work environment.
- A passionate team of professionals and pet lovers.
- Flexible Hours – people expected to be in the office for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time and never will.
- We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!