Vice President of Development at Mercy For Animals
Vice President of Development
- Los Angeles Office or Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free to pursue their own interests.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environmentone that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a collaborative team, join us to help spread compassion around the globe.
Currently, Mercy For Animals is looking for an extraordinary development leader to join our team.
As vice president of development, you will lead a high-volume, high-quality donor-centered fundraising enterprise. In this new position, you will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for annual giving, leadership giving, advancement services, donor relations, and events and guide a team of motivated, high-performance fundraising professionals toward success.
You will expand a mission to make our fundraising system leaner, more responsive to donors, and quicker to capitalize on innovation and increase our revenue from annual and mid-level giving, sustainers, events, and foundations through data-driven, donor-focused strategies.
You will do invaluable work:
- Spearhead the effort to make the Mercy For Animals fundraising system leaner, more responsive to donors, and quicker to capitalize on innovation
- Oversee project management to keep teams on budget and on time
- Increase our revenue from annual and mid-level giving, sustainers, events, and foundations through data-driven, donor-focused strategies
- Lead and support a team of dedicated development professionals and promote their success through training, coaching, and mentoring
- Ensure department efficiency by overseeing business processes, optimizing development operations, and supporting systems to complement fundraising and donor-engagement programs
- Oversee creation of timely and compelling content for fundraising appeals, proposals, donor presentations, and donor impact reports
- Serve as a member of the Mercy For Animals leadership team responsible for devising and implementing strategic plans and policies
- Be willing to travel extensively
- Perform any other duties assigned
Your qualifications will take our development team to the next level:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, leadership, nonprofit studies, or similar field from a U.S.-accredited college or university (advanced degree preferred)
- CFRE certification (from the Association of Fundraising Professionals preferred) or interest in obtaining
- Ten years’ experience in fundraising leadership and team management, with relevant positions of increasing responsibility and scope
- Experience with Salesforce and WealthEngine (strongly preferred)
- Desire to work for a nonprofit with an inspiring mission
- Proven track record of leading fundraising success
- Demonstrated success in charitable-giving methodology and analytics, including digital and direct-mail marketing, social media, and sustainer programs
- Passion for the purpose and mission of Mercy For Animals
- Developed writing skills that can be applied to donor engagement and activation across multiple platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and transparent environment
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and the ability to provide solutions and clarity where needed
- Passion for building and motivating world-class, high-performing fundraising teams
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a deeply passionate and accomplished development leader with a strong history of success in fundraising planning and execution, especially with annual giving, advancement services, events and donor relations, and planned-gift solicitations. I have exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others. I am a fierce advocate of farmed animal welfare initiatives and relate to Mercy For Animals’ mission and vision.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $70,000$80,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role, outlining relevant experience and your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We embrace new perspectives and innovative ideas that come only from a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the principles of equality, equity, and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity, enabling every team member to be their best self. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include and encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!