Job location is listed as “Remote” on company career page.
VP of Creative
Phase2 is seeking a VP of Creative to join its leadership team and lead its creative group. The VP of Creative will be responsible for creating vision, establishing goals, and implementing a clear and executable strategy for our Creative Group that will further Phase2 as an industry-leading digital experience agency.
We are looking for someone who wants to get out and do the work with clients.
- Provides inspirational creative leadership to our clients in a hands-on/executional way.
- Convey design strategy inspiringly through excellent presentation skills.
- Provides design leadership and direction across mediums on numerous projects, interacting with creative teams.
- Resolves complex design issues with innovative approaches and solutions.
- Serves, as necessary, as a liaison to C-level customer contacts in a continued capacity, ensuring consistent vision and messaging for creative work.
- Develops a consistent approach and framework for delivering creative work in close concert with our other services.
- Works collaboratively with the account, product and project management team to ensure the overall creative outputs generally adhere to the clients’ strategic vision.
Marketing & Sales Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who can build our reputation for creative work and help to establish a brand that transcends technology.
- Establishes a Phase2 presence in the creative and digital experience space through bold and inspired thought leadership.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with Sales, Accounts, and Marketing to create powerful branded materials for Phase2, our existing clients and prospects.
- Works to develop a differentiated point of view that defines Phase2’s creative capabilities in client interactions, including during the early phases of business development and presentations.
- Works with Sales, Accounts, and Marketing to concept and pitch creative solutions for our existing clients and prospects.
- Leads the conceptualization and eventual implementation of the branding evolution for Phase2 as a whole as well as Phase2 creative capabilities.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate leader to fuel Phase2’s creative team and be an advocate for human-centered, creative, and researched-based approaches to creating amazing experiences.
- Identifies, leads, and inspires creative talent at Phase2.
- Promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking and innovation.
- Acts as an “internal evangelist” for the Creative Group in company-wide messaging, delivering a passionate, yet clear vision for creative success to all Phase2 employees.
- Identifies creative capability gaps and works with the People Department on recruiting, hiring, and/or outsourcing solutions to fill those gaps.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, professional development, and personnel management of the Creative Group.
- Leads and communicates the vision and strategy of the Creative Group in alignment with Phase2’s business goals.
Qualifications / Skills
- BA or BS degree
- Strong mix of creative and business experience, with a proven ability to dynamically lead a creative team and produce strategic, high-impact creative artifacts
- 15+ years professional experience leading the design of digital experience
- 10+ years in a creative director role or from a creative director background, leading cross-functional creative teams in an agency or large in-house creative services team
- 10+ years leading conceptual creative, client presentations/workshops, and participating in business development/creative pitches
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in leadership roles
- Comprehensive digital portfolio showcasing brand, content, design, and UX capabilities
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
- Experience recruiting talent and developing high-performing teams
- Proven, successful track record of conceiving and implementing creative strategies
- Experienced in public speaking; especially at industry-related events
- Fluency in modern design and UX tools and approaches
- Exemplary communicator in written, oral, and visual capacities; including the lost art of listening
Must embody and personify Phase2’s Core Values: Authenticity, Big Thinking, Collaboration, Problem-Solving, and Adaptability
More About Phase2’s Creative Group
Phase2’s Creative Group was established at the beginning of 2019 and consists of emerging practices in Communication & Content, Design, and User Experience. In addition to these three client-facing teams, this group is also home to our internal-facing Creative Services team. In individual and collective ways, the members of this new group have been integral in bringing creative expertise and passion to our organization and evolving how we think and deliver digital experiences for our clients. The formal creation of this group unifies the individual efforts of these teams and creates an environment where they can work and collaborate in a cross-disciplinary way that builds on what’s best about Phase2’s culture and leads to engaging, human-centered, and delightful results. This group will help our overall growth strategy by opening up additional lines of business, expanding our brand, bringing new creative thinking and elements to our work, and enhancing the creative aspects of the P2 culture.
More About Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 145 employees in our New York, DC, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer