VP, Disability Claims (*** virtual location option ***)
Operations – Portland, ME | Scottsdale, AZ | Roseland, NJ
About the position
Do you want to be part of a smart, ambitious professional team working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe?!!
Become a part of Prudential
As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, Prudential’s employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to growth and development in every single employee, and we see our business success as a direct result of our talent.
What is Group Insurance?
Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Businesses Division of Prudential that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life and disability insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation’s second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clientsand insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States.
What will you do and what impact will you have?
The Vice President, Disability Claims will be a key member of the GI Claims senior management team. The incumbent is accountable for the strategic direction and service results of Prudential’s Clinical and Vocational Services claim organization.
Primary Areas of Focus
- Leads the Clinical and Vocational Services claim organization to achieve the Group Insurance strategic priorities.
- Drives the strategic planning and execution of plans to successfully meet the annual business operating priorities and create a market competitive advantage.
- Defines division priorities and collaborates across Group Insurance to ensure execution on the initiatives and alignment with internal key stakeholders.
- Assesses opportunities and implements industry leading, best practice programs and strategies for clinical, vocational and medical processes to enhance the customer experience and improve operating efficiencies.
- Develops deep industry and customer insight across all markets and utilizes that knowledge to drive delivery of innovative solutions to differentiate Prudential in the disability market.
- Serves as the business sponsor for key GI initiatives to improve business performance and implement process improvements.
- Leads all talent development initiatives within Clinical and Vocational Services to ensure the right skills and competencies are in place to meet the business goals.
The Background and Experience you’ll need
- Extensive experience in the Disability Claims Management industry, at the leadership level
- Demonstrated success at managing products or business lines to profitable performance
- Experience managing organizations of 200+ employees in multiple, remote locations
- Experience with rigorous management processes including financial analysis and strategic planning
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with and influencing key stakeholders across organizational boundaries and in a matrix environment
- Extensive experience in managing strategic vendor partnerships
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large corporate environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with the ability to work with executives across the organization
- Ability to think strategically with detail orientation, and the ability to translate strategy into outcomes
- An experienced professional who leads with a strong moral compass
- M.D., RN or MBA preferred
- Reports into Chief Claims Officer
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.