VFX Artist at Crytek GmbH
Art / AnimationHunt: Showdown
Crytek is looking for a VFX Artist to join the Hunt: Showdown team.
*Sample pictures or portfolio link, which shows sample work are necessary.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game;
- Creation of real-time particle systems in CRYENGINE including textures and materials;
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results;
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, level designers and programmers;
- Implementation and optimization of shader-based effects;
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Work together with our Research and Development department to improve workflows.
A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in game development;
- Good understanding of current game FX processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Good knowledge of 3ds Max / Maya or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer;
- Good knowledge of common real-time game engines;
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback;
- Good English communication and writing skills;
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude;
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision;
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high quality standard.
- Real-time particle FX including a technical breakdown
- Strong technical skills (textures / materials / baking / scripting / shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes / colors / proportions / timing / lighting and movement)
- Keen eye for details and realism
- Ability to write HLSL;
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Experience with procedural content creation;
- Experience with EmberGen.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.