Appeals Specialist – Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Needed!
Title: Vet Resolution Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Are you a detailed-oriented veterinary technician or assistant looking for a new challenge that has fantastic potential for growth? Do you love diving into complex medical cases? Are you self-motivated, confident, and passionate about helping pets? Do you want a career where you can use AND expand your existing medical knowledge? If you answered YES to these questions, then Trupanion has an exciting full-time opportunity as a Vet Resolution Specialist in our dynamic claims department.
Vet Resolution Specialists use their extensive medical knowledge and the Trupanion policy to review medical records, specialist reports, lab results, and invoices to complete an accurate secondary review of claims as part of our appeal process. They communicate closely with treating veterinarians, hospital staff, outside specialists, and pet owners throughout the secondary review process, answering calls from hospitals to initiate the appeals process and communicating the outcome to pet owners and veterinarians via phone and email. In addition to assessing appealed claims, Vet Resolution Specialists provide outstanding customer service to existing pet owners and veterinary hospitals regarding current, future, or past claims.
Candidates for this position have the option to work in our Seattle office, or work remotely from their home office anywhere in the United States after completing one week of training at our Seattle headquarters.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Advanced knowledge of veterinary medical conditions and medical terminology.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of veterinary technician or assisting experience in a clinic/hospital environment. Preference given to candidates with licensed technician credentials.
- Certification as a veterinary technician specialist highly desirable
- Experience providing excellent customer service over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Inquisitive, independent, and self-motivated.
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills.
- Effective communicator
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys a challenge
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French highly desirable ($1 add’l/hour)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site parking at our headquarters in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle
- Free on-site gym
- Option to work remotely from anywhere in the United States after completing required onsite training
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.