UX Writer at Aquent
- Location: Remote
- Job Terms: Temporary
Are you a UX Writer? If so, we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for a high-level UX Writer who can build and lead in-app communication, training, walk thru, tooltip, and onboarding copy. This person should know how to pull information out of a user and can get people to talk. Someone who has interviewing skills, and a journalism writing background is a huge plus!
- Location: Remote (must be able to work CST time zone)
- Duration: full-time (40 hours per week) with a temp-to-hire process through Vitamin T
- Requirements: Background check required prior to start date
About the role:
Our client is a small but growing team, looking to establish the foundations of a strong UX function. They believe those foundations include expanding beyond product design to include UX Writing, and Research. This is an opportunity to join as the first UX Writer to establish the function, collaborating closely with the Head of Design. This role is a hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, presentation skills, the ability to generate thoughtful content.
Who we are looking for:
- As a qualified candidate, you are able to develop strong points of view on the best content solution, but enthusiastically welcome feedback from users and fellow staff alike.
- Someone who asks everything and enjoys interacting with users.
- The ability to Empathizes and is always very aware of the user’s language and jargon.
- Enjoys boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- The ability to take a complex idea and break it down into short and simple copy for the user.
- Take initiative in generating ideas and suggestions for design solutions, content strategy, and other aspects of the user experience.
- Sweet and short to the point writing
- Understanding of UX design and UX writing principles
- Conceptualize, research, create, and editing content that meets user’s needs.
- Build and maintain in-app communication, training, walk thru, tooltip, and onboarding copy.
- Create content elements like navigation/menu labels, button copy, page titles, headings, errors, and microcopy.
- Establish and maintain the application writing guidelines that include tone of voice.
- Participate in discovery exercises like design sprints, journey mapping, and customer co-creation sessions.
- Understand the vision for the end-to-end customer journey
- Manage tasks and content documentation in JIRA and Confluence.
Looking For Experience In:
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in UX writing, UX Research, service design, product content development, marketing, or equivalent role
- Portfolio of relevant UX writing work.
- Worked with digital adoption tools like Stonly, pendo or UserPilo
- Interviewing users during discovery sessions
- Helping create user journey maps
- Translating technologies documentation to short and simple user copy.
- Creating copy in a variety of different formats, from microcopy to long-form.
- An understanding of product design and how that relates to business strategy.
- Jira experience preferred
- Confluence experience preferred
- Sketch experience preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!