UX UI Design Immersion Instructor at Thinkful
UX UI Design Immersion Instructor (6 Month Contract) – Thinkful A Chegg Online Learning Service.
- Remote, Remote, United States
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed software developers. As an Immersive Course Instructor, you will deliver high-quality live workshop content based on the existing curriculum, preparing students to successfully transition careers.
In addition to working directly with students, Instructors are expected to maintain an environment of regular, candid feedback with the Educator Success team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
This is a 6 month contract position, with possible permanent placement at the end.
- Delivers high-quality workshops based on the curriculum materials, and provides live coding demos when appropriate, to supplement written materials and content to provide students with the skills and knowledge to get their first designer job
- Maintains and updates the daily and weekly student syllabus which outlines the required homework and assignments, and deadlines for assessments and projects
- Maintains and updates the daily student performance and attendance documents, reports student status to the right teams and follows up on a timely manner to ensure students’ success
- Provide daily on-demand video and chat support for students as they move through the program assignments
- Spends up to 4 hours a day prepping for workshops and updating course materials as needed
- Works with the operational leads for engagement formats (Mentor Sessions, Group Sessions, Grading, Technical Coaching, Mock Interviews/Assessments) to ensure that consistent experience is happening for students in immersive courses
- Works with the Academic Success Management (ASM) team to ensure student success in a timely manner
- Provide constructive feedback to the Instructional Design team on improvements to the course materials and curriculum based on student experience with the materials
- Available to instruct Monday through Friday 9am-5:00pm ET
- Deep understanding of and ability to teach students to master:
- User Experience
- Visual Design
- Digital Design
- Design Systems
- Front End Design
- Ability to comprehensively demonstrate and explain the design process, design thinking and user-centered design.
- Portfolio of work representing user experience, visual design, front end design and development and usability.
- Experience using Design, User Experience and Front end Tools and technologies.
- Ability to champion and empower students
- Ability to help students recognize the psychology of design and user experience.
- Ability to explain complicated topics clearly and without jargon
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and working
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- Industry experience working in a leadership role such as a creative director, director of user experience or similar role.
- Teaching Experience, especially in a remote or online class, is a plus
Compensation and Benefit
- Ability to work remotely with partially flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!