UX Team Lead at Unanet
UX Team Lead
- at Unanet
- Anywhere in the United States
- If you had the best ERP solution that powered some of the most high-profile Architecture, Engineering and GovCon firms in America, what would you do?
- Make it even better! Unanet is committed to consistently delivering new features to its suite of products and we are just getting started!
- We want to grow our team, tackle even bigger challenges and do amazing things.
- We work in focused, agile-based, teams to constantly improve our code base, add new ways of interfacing with the system, and have amassed a large backlog of interesting product initiatives.
- We want to grow to enable even greater success within our industry. This is where you come in!
- This is a great opportunity for growth, experimentation, and the challenge to create something truly remarkable – all while having the support of an executive team that understands the importance of a Lean UX process.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the UX efforts for all projects and initiatives across our portfolio of products; raising the bar through quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Responsible for the continued development of UX strategy, user journeys, and innovative user experiences across a wide variety of channels and platforms
- Introduce and evangelize a Design Thinking process amongst your immediate team and beyond
- Be hands-on and provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, use cases, user scenarios, and research debriefs
- Manage all aspects of a design project from start to finish and own the end-to-end user experience of a project
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, participatory design, and strategic analysis
- Introduce and manage a holistic design system to encourage consistent patterns and best practices
- Collaborate effectively with leaders and individual contributors in engineering, design, product, and other various stakeholders throughout the business
- Hire, mentor, and direct the work of more junior designers and partner closely with design leadership to ensure designers are equipped to do their best work
- Raise the bar for design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years designing business-oriented web and mobile applications
- 2+ years leading a small team of product designers
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements
- A strong technical aptitude (i.e., you don’t have to code, but you have to be able to earn the respect of the people who do)
- Effective interpersonal communications skills (presentation, written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with everyone
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Applicants must be authorized for non-sponsored employment in the U.S.
- With headquarters in Dulles, Virginia, Unanet serves more than 2,000 businesses with its ERP software solutions purpose-built for professional service organizations. Unanet’s software helps project-driven organizations reliably plan, track and manage projects, people, and financials. Unanet’s customer-centric culture means we strive to deliver insights with personal service.
- At Unanet you will work collaboratively with colleagues equally committed to achieving customers’ expectations. We take pride in delivering more than technology, but also the extra support and service customers need.
- Selected as one of the ‘Top Places to Work’ three years running, Unanet’s culture is collaborative, dedicated and energetic. We offer a competitive salary, health and life insurance benefits, and the potential for bonus.
- Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!