UX Strategy Analyst at AnswerLab
Title: UX Strategy Analyst
- Location: San Francisco, California or Remote, US
Who We Are
AnswerLab, named in the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies five years in a row, has an amazing opportunity for you to grow with us. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly creative and extremely motivated individual, who craves new challenges and thrives on working in a fun, fast-paced and flexible environment.
AnswerLab delivers trusted customer insights that help the world’s leading brands build outstanding digital products and services. We focus exclusively on customer/digital user experience research to understand what people see, do, think and feel when using web sites, mobile applications, and other digital products. AnswerLab’s clients depend on our recommendations about product concepts, features, design and messaging to create more engaging customer experiences that drive results. Global market leaders select AnswerLab as their user experience research partner, including Amazon, Facebook, Google, Walmart, eBay, Salesforce, Dropbox, Airbnb, Twitch, Twitter, and many others.
This position is an opportunity to:
- Become a trusted advisor to your clients: AnswerLab’s product involves information and insights — and these insights help executives at some of the country’s most recognizable firms to solve complex business issues. In addition to the knowledge and learning you’ll be exposed to, you’ll have the added satisfaction of seeing your clients achieve success as a direct result of our research services.
- Work with the best: Since 2004, AnswerLab has been building a stellar reputation within the research industry; our NetPromoter score is best-in-class. Fortune Magazine has named AnswerLab as a Great Place to Work for 2 years in a row (Top 25 in the U.S. in our category size).
- Build a major brand: You will have the opportunity to impact a rapidly-growing company that is becoming the leading company in our category.
The User Experience Strategy Analyst Role
We are looking for an experienced and versatile UX Strategy Analyst to join our strategy team. The UX Strategy Analyst will support scoping for opportunities through statement of approach development, drafting contracts, and Salesforce updates.
In this role, your primary mission will be to guide a client through AnswerLab’s scoping process by partnering closely with our UX Strategists and UX Strategy Directors to successfully scope and design new research opportunities. The successful candidate will have a passion for UX research and attention to detail, find satisfaction in organizing account relationships and have a high standard for providing quality professional services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with the UX Strategy team supporting sales opportunities with a set of our technology, platform, and e-commerce clients
- Creates statements of approach for clients
- Drafts statements of work
- Documents client calls
- Develops deep industry (technology, platform, and e-commerce) and client-specific expertise and proactively applies this knowledge to opportunities
- Develops knowledge of the scoping process
- Owns the tactical portion of opportunities including activities like invoicing, salesforce entries, quote requests, price cards and updating tracking documents
- Supports the finance team in tracking revenue recognition
- Stays up to date on the research we are doing for the client
- Works with a UX Strategy Director to craft and keep account plans up to date
- Understands the client’s organization and decision-making process
- Have a holistic understanding of client’s business environment including: how the client’s business fits within the wider industry, key challenges, core strategies, and key business needs
- Maintains client contacts in Salesforce
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve AnswerLab – such as new efficiencies, process improvements, ways to better serve clients, and build the AnswerLab brand
Key Role Competencies/Behaviors
- Networking: Adapt quickly and relate comfortably to a diverse client base, building valuable contacts among client companies and industry experts/centers of influence.
- Partner with Clients: Striving to serve the best interests of the client with innovative approaches.
- Build Trust with Clients: Always considers the best interests of the client and makes commitments well-matched to AL’s capabilities. Integrity and honesty create deep trust relationships, and words and actions always reflect the core values of AnswerLab.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business. The ideal candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed below.
- 2+ years experience in Research, Project Management, Research Recruiting or a related field
- Experience in user experience or a related research field
- Experience with Account Management and managing client relationships
- Ability to craft and optimize process flows to maximize efficiency
- Ability to engage effectively with business and research managers in Fortune 500 companies
- Passion for user experience and digital products
- Interest in learning about research methodologies
- Experience working with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with invoicing and revenue tracking is a plus
In addition to expertly meeting the requirements outlined above, your success will be measured on our eight Core Values:
AnswerLab’s Core Values
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and Encourage Inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Figure it out and get it done
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
Note: This job description is subject to change at any time.
This is a full-time remote position. Applicants can be based anywhere in the United States.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!