UX Manager at Clearcover
Title: UX Manager
- Location: Chicago, Illinois; or Remote, United States
- Chicago, IL or Remote
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a UX Manager at Clearcover?
As a UX Manager at Clearcover, you will be responsible for leading and inspiring a team of talented product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists to achieve our goal of creating best-in-class user experiences for our insurance users. You will be responsible for setting and executing the strategic-level decisions required to support our consumer-facing product teams, leveraging design-thinking methodologies to ensure that we are delivering delightful and consistent experiences for our customers.
In addition to leading the team of product designers and researchers, you will be responsible for engaging with leaders within the product, engineering, brand/marketing, and growth teams to help inform roadmapping decisions based on users’ needs.
Clearcover is a startup, and this role will require you to roll your sleeves up and get directly involved in design and research activities, including helping to guide and conduct user research, participating in brainstorming sessions, informing visual design, prototype development, and more.
What will you do?
- Lead, develop, and inspire an internal team of designers and researchers.
- Leverage customer insights (qualitative and quantitative) to inform design decisions and strategies.
- Monitor and analyze UX KPI’s to ensure we are hitting our targets.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop acquisition and retention strategies to improve company growth metrics.
- Work with your UX team and product managers to strategize and implement production-level experiments.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand business needs and requirements.
- Design and conduct user interviews, focus groups, and usability tests.
- Build workflows, user stories, personas, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Work with product managers to write and develop user stories.
- Conduct experience audits and design reviews.
- Manage UX team resource allocation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product leadership, Engineering, Brand/Marketing, and Growth, to ensure that our users’ goals and needs are being exceeded.
- Help foster a culture of design-thinking within the product design & research team, as well as across the greater overall organization.
- Identify creative and industry trends that can be applied to our products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that our customer engagement touchpoints are visually consistent, with a unique and uniform voice and tone. .
- Help lead and develop professional career development for team members.
- Support position recruiting & hiring needs by partnering with the HR team.
What do you need?
- Great amount of design or user research experience in a cross-functional product team.
- Team management experience. You have a proven track record of building user experience teams that foster and nurture a passion for designing the best user experiences possible.
- B2B experience preferred.
- Proficiency in UX Research methodologies and mastery of UX Design Principles.
- Experience translating qualitative and quantitative insights into UX strategies.
- An ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with stakeholders.
- A proven record of nurturing collaboration between the product design and research teams, as well as with multiple product teams.
- Excellence in communicating strategic thinking and design rationales, employing clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we’ve got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family’s coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don’t
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!