UX Designer Lead at Centro Benefits Research
UX Designer Lead
- Full time
OneDigital is proud of the tight-knit community we’ve built since the day we were founded. We’re picky about the people who work for us, because as much as we are a business, we’re also a family. Even through our rapid growth, we’ve managed to preserve our unique culture. We have a simple philosophy that if you take care of your employees, they will take care of customers and the bottom line takes care of itself.
With a distinctive culture, the best-in-class products and outstanding service, OneDigital has been recognized time and time again for our accomplishments within our industry as well as what we offer within our organization. Are you ready to join an already winning team and help us continue to grow for years to come?
Our Newest Opportunity:
Centro Benefits Research is an employee benefits service organization which provides research, analysis, and process facilitation for employee benefits consultants and insurance carriers. Insurance is complicated and often painful for those who deal with the processes which has not quite caught up with digital technology advances. Our mission is to bring modern technology to a legacy insurance process and help all stakeholders work more efficiently for the benefits of millions of working Americans depending on building their financial security through benefits offered at work.
In February 2020 our small team have joined OneDigital, one of the largest leading Benefits and HR Consulting firm in the country to help us realize the full potential of our vision and a mission of standing up a ground breaking digital platform that helps advance the industry into the future of how employee benefits are managed.
With a tremendous growth in our business and increasing demand for our services, we are expending the team and seeking User Experience Designer Lead to join our Product Team. In this role, you will collaborate with Product Owners, Engineering and Business Teams to help shape the vision and the feature functionality for the new digital platform connecting multiple stakeholders and partners in the process of creating and delivering employee benefits for thousands of small employers and millions of working Americans. Our platform will be used by employee benefits consultants and brokers, insurance carriers, and other service providers to deliver modern digital and connected experience to all.
This is a new role with a newly created team of digital product and technology enthusiasts on a mission to solve big problems. You will work with a high degree of autonomy collaborating with like-minded teammates building software from the ground-up.
If you are a brave and tenacious team player with a passion for innovation, problem solving, challenging the status quo, and always looking for a better way of doing things, you will love working here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant design solutions
- Design impactful User Interfaces, clever and effective interaction patterns which help establish digital process familiarity
- Research, define and maintain user personas, user mental models, and user journey maps
- Develop and maintain design principles, style guide and pattern library to be used in all design, prototyping, and front-end engineering functions
- Translate from sketch to specs complex business workflows into user flows, wireframes, interaction models, hi-fi user interface prototypes, and engineering ready delivery assets following the Agile development process.
- Be the customer advocate to drive relentless focus on the user and their desires, thinking, constraints, opportunities.
- Plan appropriate type and execute necessary customer research including: Concept, Heuristic, Usability, A/B Testing
- Using design thinking techniques collaborate across various stakeholders to influence strategy and roadmap
- Constantly improve technical acumen to maintain awareness of current and emerging front-end code capabilities and constraints across all standards to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Very strong data visualization skills
- Ability to present design ideas clearly and effectively to help stakeholders make decisions.
- Understanding and hands on experience with UX research methodologies and ability to execute them if needed.
- Working experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Extremely high attention to detail in planning, managing, producing, and polishing design deliverables
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Enjoys being part of a small team with a big mission
Education, Training and Experience:
- Hands on Designer Experience with solid technical background
- 4 years of demonstrated experience solving complex design problems for Web or software solutions for data intensive and transaction-oriented applications
- Deep understanding of Design principles and their application
- Experience in direct, hands-on collaboration with developers, business analysts, product managers
- Expertise in defining and implementing user experience design and brand guidelines
- Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation
- Solid experience with all phases of UX process: sketching, wireframing, prototyping, site mapping, user journey mapping, user flows, user testing
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!