UX Designer at Narrative I/O
- $50k – $80k • 0.01% – 0.1%
- Location: Remote, New York City
- Hires remotely in: North America
- Job type: Full-time
- Visa sponsorship: Not available
- Experience: 3+ years
Narrative is innovating the monetization and acquisition of data. Data acquisition historically has been opaque and cumbersome to both acquire and normalize in a way that is usable for all use cases/needs a company might have for the data; at Narrative, we’re making the most useful, most specific, deduplicated data relevant to buyers available in the preferred data format.
About the experience team:
The product team’s goal is to create world-class software that allows our customers to better run their businesses by enabling them to easily distribute and discover data in the easiest way possible. As we create this new space for data transaction, our multidisciplinary team prioritizes efficiency, communication, and a clear, shared vision so that we’re all empowered to do great work.
This will be the first UX Design hire within Narrative and is a great opportunity to help design a new suite of innovative products from the ground up, grow within the company and become a design leader. As UX Designer, you will collaborate closely with the Product lead and Engineering team to help design Narrative’s platforms.
As this is the first UX role within Narrative, you will need to be a fast learner and adapt quickly to new situations and teams across the company. With small teams, everyone is wearing multiple hats and this role will require you to be very proactive in seeking out information, communicating with local and remote team members and solving problems.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to define, prototype, test and ship products
- Have a strong voice for simplicity, usability and best-in-class quality within the company
- Define and create a comprehensive design system for use across platforms and help maintain & evolve the system as needed
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Deliver high quality comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable with UX writing
- Cross functional collaboration between Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to ensure design consistency across the company
- Comfortable working on everything from high-level user flows to UI and interaction design
- 3-5 years of experience designing applications
- Well-rounded understanding of visual and user experience design
- Understanding of what makes a high quality, usable design system
- Experience shipping software products
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Experience user testing
- Experience with data visualizations
- Experience with modern design tools and ability to quickly learn new ones
- Knowledge of data, its range of applications, and its potential to be transformative across industries
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!