UX Designer with Visual Chops (fulltime, remote)
Design Gaia GPS, Skin and Bones
Come make things beautiful and effective at Gaia GPS. Work on the full-stack of design, from UX and visuals, to research and usability testing. Code-savvy prototypers are also a good fit. Gaia GPS is a small company and needs a versatile designer that is a master of many tools.
In this role, your work will have many aspects. You’ll design full features that engineers implement, or on the flipside, improve the design of features that start as prototypes. Your voice will be important in cartography and marketing design efforts too. We’re a data-driven company, but we don’t measure every shade of blue. We use taste and research to design products, along with testing and analytics to experiment and answer questions.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you’ll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- experience in UX design for great software
- ability to create beautiful visuals/illustrations
- expertise in tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe products, and/or Invision
- passion for outdoor activities
- bonus points for experience in:
- working on mapping software
- using Gaia GPS or similar GPS apps
- advanced technical knowledge and ability to prototype or even write production code