UX Designer at Moodle
Moodle with us!
We’re the world’s most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Moodle builds and maintains an open source learning management system, with over 180,000 registered sites and 300 million users worldwide. We’re growing rapidly, with the recent introduction of exciting new products to help us become an even bigger contributor to the world of education technology.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
The MoodleCloud ecosystem runs about a third of the world’s registered Moodle sites, and is central to the growth strategy for the organisation over the coming years. The MoodleCloud product is nearing our fifth year of rapid adoption (+500% annual growth) and is uniquely placed to grow in both diversity of offering and market reach, creating opportunities for you to learn and grow at every turn.
What your new job can look like…
As a Product/UX Designer at Moodle, you’ll contribute to making Moodle the world’s most loved and effective platform for learning.
You’ll have a significant role in improving the usability of software currently used by millions of people worldwide. As an advocate for the end user, you’ll conduct research into user behaviour and be the expert in understanding our users’ goals, needs, and pain points.
You’ll play an essential role in our product development team, providing new feature design, day-to-day design support to the team, and be part of a much bigger international community of contributing developers and Moodle Partners.
We are a product company and most of the people working at Moodle are part of a product team. With the pace of Moodle, no two days will ever be the same! But most days will involve a mix of:
- Designing tools and features for both beginners and advanced Moodle users.
- Demonstrating deep user empathy and effectively share user experience sensibilities with team members.
- Working iteratively to solve complex business and technical problems through sketching, diagraming, wireframing and rapid prototyping.
- Conducting frequent user research and usability testing and gather data to inform your design decisions.
- Collaborating closely with developers, team leads, and other designers to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
…and having a laugh with your team…
We’d love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Extensive experience as a Product Designer, UX/UI Designer or similar role
- Experience as a UX Designer on a web application product
- Experience with design principles including colour, layout, and typography
- Experience with tightly defined pattern libraries and style guides
- Be a fun and friendly person who likes the sound of a very social team
- Be an enthusiastic communicator: This role is a voice of the customer within the team
- Be a creative person who looks forward to joining a team with high standards
- Have a great design portfolio showcasing detailed case studies and test and fail processes leading up to the end solution
Some other things that are important to us:
- You are fluent in English.
- You communicate well in writing. Not only because we work asynchronously, but also because you will document design requirements and write the occasional blog post.
What’s in it for you?
A workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, committed, respectful, open and innovative workplace. And what about:
- Work at a place that genuinely improves the world
- Work with talented and passionate people who actually believe in the organisation’s mission (weird huh?)
- Join a team of damn funny and sociable people
- Come into the office or work remotely, it’s fully flexible and your choice
- Learn new stuff every single day, plus get your own learning and development budget
- We work from anywhere, with a distributed team around the world. This role will ideally be located in Spain, with access to our contemporary office if you are based in Barcelona.
- A brand new benefits package being launched in July
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes, bring your full self to work in your own style
- Did we mention you’ll be working on a platform used by over 300 million people worldwide??!!