UX Designer (Remote, Part-Time)
TELECOMMUTE New York, United States
PolicyFly is looking for a UX design lead with a proven track record in translating requirements into clean, modern, easy to use interfaces & workflows.
We are looking to establish a long-term partnership with a single party (contractor) who will join the team on a part-time basis. In this role, you will be responsible for both improving the core/existing product while also designing new features.
We are on a mission to revolutionize commercial insurance. We help insurers build better, more-profitable programs with streamlined online applications, faster and smarter underwriting, and the best technology money can buy. To learn more, please visit: http://www.policyfly.com/
- Consult with product team on UX best practices
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Create interactive prototypes to capture feedback
- Lead usability testing and feedback loops
- Iterate final designs and asset delivery
- Three of more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients and our team to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expert in Sketch
- Expert in asset management and collaborative platforms like Invision, Marvel, etc.
- Familiarity with CSS/HTML/JS a big plus
- Expertise in motion design a plus
- Familiarity with popular UX frameworks (we use the Material framework)
- Expert in building prototypes (i.e. clickable interfaces) for user feedback
- Must be open to a long-term relationship (6+ months)
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year to NYC a big plus (at our expense)
- Can dedicate roughly 20 hours per week (on average)
- Ability to spend more time on an as-needed/as-available basis a big plus
- Able to join team meetings and overlap EST by at least 3 hours a day for collaboration on an as-needed basis
- $3-4k/mo ($40-55/hr)
- Remote, flexible position
- Possible occasional viewings of animals on our team standup (not just referring to team members!)
- What could be more fun than insurance?