UX Content Strategist at Protective Life Corporation
Title: UX Content Strategist
- Location: United States
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The UX Content Strategist is responsible for shaping a positive digital user experience that guides, informs, and delights users across all company brands and digital properties. They will lead and own the development, delivery, usability testing, and governance of digital content, collaborating with marketers, designers, developers, writers, project managers, and other key business stakeholders to test, write and deploy customer-focused content for digital channels.
- Develop and deploy digital content to enhance the end-to-end customer experience, from microcopy to delivery of product information, instructional materials, and general educational content
- Write crisp, high-quality, on-brand user interface copy
- Transform complex concepts into simple, understandable, and conversational copy
- Ensure consistent messaging across digital channels
- Iterate on content with a goal of continuous improvement
- Define, build, and execute web content strategy from a holistic standpoint—systems, platforms, and channels—to create a unified user experience
- Inform, maintain, and influence IA, site navigation, and user experience for sites and applications
- Help to create and maintain user journey maps
- Create and maintain taxonomies, metadata frameworks, page-level content types/models, and content migration plans
- Help to maintain the DAM structure
- Design and implement content creation and governance workflows and documentation
- Create content strategies and plans and persuasively communicate to UX designers, product owners, IT, Creative Services, Marketing Partners, and Legal
- Lead content review sessions
- Audit and assess current state digital content and ecosystems, identifying strengths, weaknesses, gaps, inconsistencies, and opportunities
- Create and maintain URL strategy
- Use design thinking to innovate and solve problems
- Develop and maintain content requirements for new digital content
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative user research to inform current and future strategies
- Help to conduct keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ needs and search trends, contribute to social media strategies and content structures
- Perform stakeholder and client interviews to identify and understand user needs and business objectives
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative user research
- Strives to develop and drive initiatives that align with key corporate values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Serve People
- Build Trust
- Simplify Everything
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years n UX/UI writing or professional work experience in a related role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations or related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a deep proficiency in UX content strategy, writing, and overall design process
- Proven track record to identify critical content issues and drive resolution on complex UX problems, collaborating with product owners, business stakeholders, SEO, Analytics, and web developers.
- Ability to gather and integrate data and user feedback throughout the discovery, design, and post-launch cycles
- Understands information architecture and taxonomies in content structure
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, with the ability to advocate for user experience and content strategy and facilitate alignment on content solutions with various partners
- Experience in writing for the web, and excellent grammar, writing, and copy-editing skills including the ability to adapt writing style to appeal to different audiences and adhere to established brand voices
- Familiarity with SEO and analytics reporting tools, to aid in content strategy and creation
This position is a Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!