User-Interface – UI – Visual Designer at CrowdStrike
User-Interface (UI)/Visual Designer (Remote)
- USA – Remote
- United Kingdom – Remote
- Full time
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission – to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
In this role as a User Interface/Visual Designer on the UX team, your primary stakeholders will be your peers — helping them succeed in creating a world-class experience across our applications. We’re looking for a detail-oriented collaborator who can work with a growing design team to establish good systematic practices for creating and maintaining beautiful, usable designs.
You’ll primarily do that by organizing and maintaining design libraries that enable the team to layout and prototype data-rich interfaces with consistent user experience. You’ll be an important voice in how these design components are documented and implemented in a living design system that improves the quality and speed of how the UX team designs and codes.
You’ll work without our Platform product group and be joining a cross-functional, global UX team composed of designers, researchers, writers & engineers collaborating closely to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
We’re looking for candidates located in the US Central, US East, or UK London time zones working remotely, with the option of working in offices in either Minneapolis or London.
What you’ll be doing
- Create visual, production-ready design components that follow the product design standards and can be reused across the design team
- Organize and maintain a scalable design library for UX team using Sketch and other design tools
- Collaborate with all UX disciplines to run a living design system for primary use by design, engineering, writing, and QA
- Document design system components use cases and guidelines for reference
- Collaborate with other designers on use of design system components and creation of new componentry
- Participate in thoughtful critique of visuals and component patterns both remote and in person
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to advocate for user-centered experiences through visuals and communication
- Ensure new components are data-informed and collaborate with researchers to ensure the right experience
- Apply micro-interactions and animations where appropriate and work with development team on what’s feasible
What skills are we looking for
- Exceptional portfolio of visual, interface, and interaction design
- Deep knowledge of Figma and other tools to create and maintain design libraries
- Clean and detailed design work on both presentation and organization of files
- Experience working on design systems used by iterative product teams
- Added bonus if worked on data visualization or SaaS products in the past
- Additional bonus points for illustration skills
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!