User Experience Writer at Wells Fargo
Title: UX Writer RWF
Location: San Francisco CA United States
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The WIM Digital team at Wells Fargo is responsible for the strategy, design, and delivery of the client digital experience within Wealth & Investment Management from Wells Fargo Advisors and The Private Bank to the next generation of online and mobile investing capabilities. Our goal is to be known as the best place to digitally access your full wealth picture and gain relevant advice across banking, lending, and investing. We believe that by harnessing the full power of digital, we can enable every client to take the reins to their financial future, with our advice, education, and tools guiding the way to reach their goals.
WIM Digital has several high impact UX Writer (Digital Consultant 2) openings. Preference will be given to candidates in Charlotte NC, St. Louis MO, and San Francisco, CA, though other locations and telecommute will be considered. WIM Digital is at an exciting moment in its history as it is expanding its delivery capacity to close gaps with competitors and to create new and differentiated experiences for our clients.
The UX Writer is proficient in writing clearly and crisply for client-facing online and mobile experiences. You understand the nuances of UX writing and partner with designers, content strategists, researchers and others to create cohesive experiences that make it easy for clients to accomplish the tasks they are interested.
We’re looking for more than a writer. We’re seeking a creative client advocate with a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their objectives. Ideal candidates are not only amazing writers, but also creative collaborators, analytical thinkers, zealous self-starters, and detail-oriented editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments.
You will contribute to a wide range of projects; from helping to shape brand new digital tools to optimizing existing pages, flows and widgets. We’re looking for someone who collaborates with product owners and designers to create engaging, clear, concise yet conversational copy that makes digital investing simpler.
Why you’ll thrive here
You share our passion for client experience and problem-solving. You play well with others, but you aren’t afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You’re diplomatic and flexible, and you’ve got what it takes to influence others.
You’re a self-directed writer who’s able to make sense of complex digital products and programs. You’re able to frame the client problem, identify inventive solutions, and clearly articulate the rationale behind your recommendations.
You have a solid understanding of content design best practices and tie them into your rationale when presenting content. You are also organized and able to work on several projects at once
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with XD product designers, content designers, design program managers, and researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
- Framing client problems, understanding business goals, and generating creative solutions
- Writing and editing copy you make every word count
- Develops clear, consistent labels and nomenclature for tools and applications; collaborates on the creation of new systems to organize new and existing content and site navigation
- Clearly articulating the rationale behind your recommendations, reflecting brand standards, content design best practices, and competitive research
- Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and stakeholders across the organization
- Reviews analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior to manage and shape content and messaging strategies
- Ensuring your content is accessible
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $85,200 Mid: $120,000 Max: $154,800
NC-Charlotte: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000 Max: $129,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000 Max: $129,000
** May be considered for discretionary bonus.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
- A BS/BA or higher in Human Factors or Interaction Design
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $85,200 Mid: $120,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $71,000 Mid: $100,000
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St – San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave – Saint Louis, MO
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!