User Experience Prototyper
LOCATION: San Jose, California, US
ADDITIONAL LOCATION(S) Remote work is acceptable- US/Canada/Europe
AREA OF INTEREST Engineer – Software
JOB TYPE Professional
TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Collaboration, Video
JOB ID 1248916
What You’ll Do
The Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is a multi-billion dollar technology group that develops enterprise collaboration solutions, and is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users. CTG’s vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the enterprise Collaboration market. To do this we must sustain innovation in our current product lines, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. The Officeof the CTO (Collaboration Technology Officer) is small, global team chartered with thinking longer term. The team will experiment and then place deliberate, long term, Horizon 3 bets to develop our next billion-dollar businesses.
In the role of Designer, you will contribute to or oversee the design work of CTO Initiatives at the many different stages of the pipeline. The CTO idea pipeline flows from early idea evaluation to several phases of validation before an idea becomes an Initiative. This role will act as the primary point of contact for the following:
- all design considerations for early stage pipeline reviews, often acting as the sole designer
- determining design needs (e.g. industrial, user interaction, visual, etc.) for Phase 3 and Phase 4 projects
- recommending design resources allocations across current initiatives and exploration projects
- work with or manage external vendors around human interaction (e.g. user testing, and help design, run, and oversee user tests)
Who You’ll Work With
The CTO Team is a cross functional team of software engineers, hardware engineers, architects, business analysts, business development managers, product managers and designers. The team collectively has vast experience in a diverse set of industry leading technology areas. In addition, CTO projects are staffed with subject matter experts on rotation from other parts of CTG. In this position you will work with this complete cross functional team as well as working directly with rotation based design resources.
Who You Are
To be considered for this role, you should have the following work experience/skills:
- 3-5 years as an interaction designer, industrial designer, information designer, or related job.
- The ability to communicate design concepts both verbally and in writing to engineering and product stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the impact of user research and usability testing, and demonstrable effects of user research and usability testing in your designs.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Experience receiving and incorporating feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present work and interface with all levels of management – negotiating and influencing to build consensus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from other (non-design) fields (e.g. engineering, business development, product management), take input, provide suggestions, and continually steer the design back to an end-user centric approach.
- Ability to work within a design system and, ideally, experience in influencing, changing, or contributing to the design system.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco