Updates Editor at CNET
Updates Editor, CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
The Updates Editor will play a key role in CNET’s ongoing mission to be the best destination for personal finance advice and news. With a combination of editing experience and organizational skills, the Updates Editor will be responsible for ensuring that content is accurate, up-to-date — and highly visible in search results. Duties will include managing a growing team of freelance writers, working with multiple groups internally (including SEO and compliance), and editing a wide range of content — from credit card best lists to news articles to guides explaining how to get a mortgage.
CNET is among the most highly-trafficked and trusted names online — and the personal finance team’s mission is to give readers honest, independent and trustworthy advice on a range of topics from banking to insurance to buying a home.
What You’ll Do:
- Organize, maintain and enhance a growing library of financial content
- Synthesize input and feedback from multiple sources (editorial, SEO, compliance) and integrate with existing content
- Ensure CNET personal finance content is accurate, high-quality and approachable
- Cultivate, manage and coordinate a growing team of freelance writers. This includes communicating assignments, tracking progress, answering questions, identifying and resolving issues and communicating with managing editors
- Develop an understanding of PF editorial plan, objectives and priorities — and how each piece of content ties in to the larger picture
- Collaborate closely with other editors to make sure that all published content remains up-to-date, accurate and visible
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience editing and/or managing content for an online publication
- Orientation to approach financial products and services with a critical eye and an understanding of the business models underlying them
- Commitment to helping readers understand financial products and services — and identify is best for their particular needs
- A deep understanding of how updating content enhances search rank and visibility
- Demonstrated experience optimizing content for SEO for an online publication
- Topnotch writing and editing skills with an eye for detail and nuance
- Mastery of project management tools including spreadsheets and Asana
- Capacity for working independently and with minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!