UNDERWRITING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- BRECKSVILLE, OHIO
- REMOTE, UNITED STATES
The Administrative Assistant in the Underwriting Department will have a minimum of two – three years’ experience in an underwriting support capacity with excellent references. Experience should include use of Word and Windows-based systems and ability to learn proprietary software, knowledge of basic administrative duties, working knowledge of and ability to implement underwriting policies and procedures, initiate and make decisions relative to office operations and judgment within areas of delegated responsibility. You will be providing confidential support to the underwriting department including preparation of files, and act as liaison between the sales department and operations department. A strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity are a MUST. This person will be communicating with business owners and customers of our company daily, across the nation, assisting in fulfilling underwriting criteria.
- Provide administrative support to multiple underwriters, including monitoring email correspondence, and completing administrative tasks to expedite the underwriting process.
- Gathering information and completing tasks to support the underwriters.
- Performs administrative duties in support of activities related to Underwriting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing mortgages, strong clerical skills and proficient in computer applications, required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in underwriting using automated underwriting systems to include FNMA’s Desktop Underwriter (DU) and FHLMC’s Loan Prospector (LP).
- Proven research and analytical skills to identify, gather and organize information to provide recommendations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new software applications.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills and values.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and varied duties on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as phone skills are required.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit