Underwriter at Union Home Mortgage - UHM
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID: 2020-1385
# of Openings: 6
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate analysis and evaluation of loan applications based on a borrower’s credit, employment, income, financial data and asset profile, along with the appraisal report, and investor guidelines. An underwriter makes sound decisions that mitigate risk to the company, adhere to quality standards, and maximize the borrower’s chances of obtaining and sustaining homeownership.
- Responsible for underwriting 2-3 new loans per day while minimizing any risk to the company by thoroughly analyzing a borrower’s income, credit, assets, ratios and the collateral to ensure compliance with our investors, agencies, HUD, VA, USDA or HFA’s, as applicable.
- Maintain 24-48 hour turn times.
- Responsible for clearing UTC conditions within 24 hours.
- Responsible for preparing loans for risk committee.
- Responsible for making counteroffers on loans that do not conform to products under which they were originated.
- Responsible for remaining updated on all investor, agency, FHA, VA, UHM guideline changes along with any overlays.
- Ensure the accuracy of all necessary criteria for specific loan types, products, rates, applicable documentation, and data.
- Maintain Quality Control ratings within company standards.
- Attend appropriate seminars, live and recorded courses to keep abreast on current market trends and developments.
- Sit in on roundtables when needed.
- Provide training support to salesforce as needed.
- Responsible for listening in on departmental huddles.
- Assist loan officers with scenarios and explaining any conditions that are not clear to them.
- Assist in the development of junior underwriters and processors.
Education & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience as an Underwriter and complete knowledge of the mortgage business
- Experience with FHA/ VA/ USDA/ Agency loans
- Direct Endorsement (DE)
- LAPP/ SAR
- Knowledge of Encompass LOS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!