UI Designer at Quimbee
Title: UI Designer – REMOTE
- Location: Remote Remote US
Founded in 2007, Quimbee is one of the most widely used and respected study aids for law students. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, definitions, and practice questions, Quimbee helps its members achieve academic success in law school. In order to accomplish this, Quimbees website and mobile apps must appear approachable, reliable, and easy to use. This is why were seeking an exceptional UI designer with a deep knowledge of design systems.
This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
You will play a critical role in owning and maintaining the design system that supports our products. You will work closely with UX design, the tech team, and product management to create polished UI designs. You will aid with the evolution of the design system to better support our products and teams.
- Work closely with design, tech team, and project management to design high-quality, modular UI and inclusive patterns to all of Quimbees products
- Partner with UX Designers to create polished and visually engaging experiences
- Actively solicit and incorporate feedback from partners and stakeholders to evolve and improve the design system
- Develop functional and design requirements for use by engineers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing.
- Bachelors degree in fine arts, graphic design, human interface design, or a closely related discipline BA/BS
- 5+ years designing digital experiences across multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile Web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience creating or maintaining a design system
- Top-notch visual design skills with an eye for details and a deep knowledge of visual design principles.
- Strong understanding of UX design principles, best practices, and methodologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate design decisions, engage in discussions with various stakeholders, give and take constructive feedback, and ask questions
- An effective collaborator and a team player.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining a CSS style guide and ensuring the consistency of brand guidelines across web and mobile
- Experience conducting usability studies and testing prototypes
- Ability to collaborate on copywriting and copy editing
- Experience collaborating with diverse, geographically distributed teams.
- 100% remote. That’s one of the biggies. No more commute!
- Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year and then pay them out equally across the entire team.
- Group health-insurance coverage
- 401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between 3% and 5%).
- Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal matters, etc.), we’re not going to question that. We just ask that you don’t abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks’ notice if you plan to be away.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!