Trusts and Estates Attorney Editor, Legal Education at WealthCounsel
Trusts & Estates Attorney Editor, Legal Education (Contract Position)
- Position type: Contract
- Location: Remote/virtual
- Length: 4-6 months, approx.
- 10-20 hours/week
WealthCounsel is looking for a trusts and estates attorney and excellent legal writer to create substantive legal content with the goal of helping attorneys learn and remain current in the field of trusts and estates law. You will join an accomplished and supportive team as well as a rapidly-growing company that provides the gold-standard in document drafting solutions and learning resources.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You are an attorney with private practice experience in trusts and estates looking for a new adventure in a law-adjacent role.
- You are a fast, clear and accurate writer.
- You learn quickly and love writing and teaching substantive legal topics.
- You are great at prioritizing and cutting through tasks efficiently. You do not get fazed by a large quantity of information.
- You want to work outside of a traditional office and leave billable hours behind.
- You have deep estate planning skills and experience, and are confident with tax-based planning and advanced estate planning strategies and concepts.
- You have an exceptional work ethic. You hold yourself and your work to an obsessively-high standard but are open to feedback and edits.
- Creating substantive legal content, including webinars, workshops, white papers and tutorials, for estate planners
- Reviewing content provided by speakers and authors for legal accuracy
- Teaching virtual (and in-person, once restrictions are lifted) continuing education courses
- Serving as a contributing author and editor of substantive legal content published by WealthCounsel in various forms
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school; LLM in tax or estate planning strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience practicing trusts and estates law, including the preparation of wills and trusts and related estate planning tools; probate, estate, and trust administration; and estate tax planning
- Excellent research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with both team teaching and solo teaching of continuing legal education or teaching in an academic environment is a plus
- Experience with Wealth Docx a plus
- Remote working experience is a plus
- Demonstrable commitment to timeliness in meeting curriculum and content delivery deadlines
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!