Trip Design Coordinator
Trip Design Coordinator (contract position)
Trek Travel’s mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. We are looking for a Trip Design Coordinator to develop and maintain extraordinary cycling trips around the world and manage essential business processes. The person in this contract role is responsible for the complete management of Trek Travel trips in their region, trip information and data management, and sales product knowledge and training. The ideal candidate should be both a high-level thinker and a detail-oriented person who can analyze the business and make strategic decisions efficiently and effectively.
- Own the complete coordination of trips in assigned regions, including the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate trip details on website itineraries
- Negotiate and contract trip hotels, subcontractors and vendors
- Create and manage trip budgets – responsible for managing costs, margins, budget reforecasting, and guide communication
- Manage hotel room inventory with hotels and in the Trek Travel booking system, including coordinating guest cancellation and last-minute booking procedures
- Prepare all trip-related documents for Trek Travel Guides and manage document updates coming from the field
- Work closely with the Trek Travel marketing team on promotion strategies
- Responsible for increasing or maintaining review scores through trip design and vendor relations
- Schedule final trip prep and familiarization time for Guides working in the area for the upcoming season
- Responsible for obtaining all copies of certificates of insurance from any shuttle companies or other transport companies that we sub-contract out for all trips as well as ensuring that Trek Travel, LLC. is listed as an “Additional Insured” on our sub-contractors’ insurance policies.
- Complete competitive analysis of the industry
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of trip information in our booking system and document management system
- Manage and schedule product training for Trek Travel’s sales team
- Coordinate the preparation of sales education and reference tools
Strong, proven negotiation skills and attention to detail. Deadline-oriented, solution-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong knowledge of travel, cycling knowledge and three years of hospitality experience preferred. Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and comfortable working with budgets. The successful applicant will have demonstrated the highest level of accountability and organization in their previous work experience, with excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
Trek Travel Offers
An informal, challenging, motivating and fun culture, where initiative and proactivity are highly valued. We will compensate you with competitive pay. If you have what it takes, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application! This is a contract role based in Madison, Wisconsin, or anywhere in the world and reports to the Trip Design Manager.